Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Halo Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DIY: Halo Fog Lights

does the center of the foglights light up as well and if so can you run the halo section of the foglight at the same time as the center section of the foglight? Looks kinda cool but i like the looks of my fogs and would hate to lose them for a little circle looking light that serves no purpose other than looks.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxDerek

ORIGINAL: 157db

You removed the bumper cover, WHY?
How many scratches did you encounter
with your simple fog light replacement mod?
How about instructions on how to REMOVE halo fogs.
I have em and dont want them.

I also need a quicker way than removing the
fuel tank to add sea-foam to my fuel.
Any suggesstions there, McGiever?
Why is it that ATLEAST every other thread I see you post in has to include some smart @$$ remark? Grow up bro... So maybe this guy didn't know you could just pop the grill or maybe he didn't want to so he would have more work to do it in... give him a break, he did a write up with pictures to help people out and you're bashing him.... christ I hope you're still in High School to be acting the way that you do.

+10000

To all who wonder why I removed the bumper - There's two reasons...

1. I wanted to see how the headlights were attached so I can swap them for halo headlights in the future.

2. I wanted as much room as possible to work with a soldering iron when I cut into the running light's wiring...Allstarwas right.If I didn't remove the bumper, thenthe plastic wheelwell cover and rim/tire would hinder mywork or I would have to solder upside down which is dangerous.
I probably could've done the job without removing the bumper IF I were using splice connectors and just crawled under the carto quickly make the connectionsBUT I wantedto do it right, and that's by soldering.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUSTANGLOVER73

does the center of the foglights light up as well and if so can you run the halo section of the foglight at the same time as the center section of the foglight? Looks kinda cool but i like the looks of my fogs and would hate to lose them for a little circle looking light that serves no purpose other than looks.
The halos turn on with the parking lights so you can use them as running lights. Your fogs still work as usual.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 PM
flyinfunnyguy8

These look great. Has anyone did the fogs and the regular lights as well? Would 4 halos look like too much? And would there be a way to turn on just the halos, and be able to use the regular headlights when needed/wanted?Again, good write up
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyinfunnyguy8

These look great. Has anyone did the fogs and the regular lights as well? Would 4 halos look like too much? And would there be a way to turn on just the halos, and be able to use the regular headlights when needed/wanted?Again, good write up
I plan to get the halo headlights soon so stay tuned. All halos are wired into the parking lamps...just turn your headlight switch tothe1st position(parking lamps)and the halos turn on,so yes you can turn on just the halos and use the headlights when needed.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Krazyray
1st Gear Member

thanx for the info calspec
Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

read the link i posted earlier, and i saw someone with all four of the reg halos and it looked kinda weird compared to mine, but then again im used to mine too...

another question, what is the point of the transistor that comes with the fogs? why do they have to have it?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:39 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tn_gt

read the link i posted earlier, and i saw someone with all four of the reg halos and it looked kinda weird compared to mine, but then again im used to mine too...

another question, what is the point of the transistor that comes with the fogs? why do they have to have it?
Transistor? You mean the black little box that connects to the halos? If so,then that'sthe power inverter and itchanges DCcurrent to AC to powerthe halo rings. If not, then I don't know...would need a pic.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:45 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Check out the grabber orange car in this link. About the 7th picture down on that page are the four halos. Of course it has the center fog grill but you'll get an idea of what four halos would look likeon your car. I like the stock spacing of the fogs and headlights better when it comes to having halos.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/v.php?pg=23
Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: 2007CalSpec

I wanted as much room as possible to work with a soldering iron when I cut into the running light's wiring...Allstarwas right.If I didn't remove the bumper, thenthe plastic wheelwell cover and rim/tire would hinder mywork or I would have to solder upside down which is dangerous.
I probably could've done the job without removing the bumper IF I were using splice connectors and just crawled under the carto quickly make the connectionsBUT I wantedto do it right, and that's by soldering.
The bulb socket is not the only place to connect the wires.
The wiring loom goes thru easily accessable areas for easy
connection without needing to remove the bumper cover.
I also didnt notice the use of any two stage heat shrink on
your connections like Ford used.. []
That harness is now prone to water damage in the form of
water wicking up the wires.

Quick Reply: DIY: Halo Fog Lights