Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

add hiflo cats to prochamber

Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

Default add hiflo cats to prochamber

i got an o/r prochamber today (not installed yet) to connect with my flowmaster 40 series! i would like to add hi flow cats to pass emmisions (california sucks), my questiion is which brand hi flow cats would sound best? and where would it be best to weld on cats on the prochamber (if matters)?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: add hiflo cats to prochamber

Not my buisiness but can I ask why you didnt just order the Prochamber with the High flow cats installed instead of having to get them welded on. They sell them with or without the high flow cats to instal to the factory manifold.
I am looking to purchase the non catted ones myself but am told they are on back order until January, What a drag. I may have to just ditch that idea and go with the JBA Longtubes and JBA offroad Hpipe instead..
Old 12-03-2007, 01:02 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

they haven't made that catted pro-chamber in over a year
Old 12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

Thats Why![:@]

i mean without a doubt i would love to install it the way it is (offroad) but i am just so hesitant to because of emissions and fines we have here in california! [:@]the 1 that connects to the factory cats wouldnt of been much different in sound that is! and i got mine at an incredible deal (it is used though)
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 AM
nitetimebolher
1st Gear Member

I'm really curious to know as well, I wonder how much quieter would it be with high flow cats.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

How about I give you an address of a place in So Cal that will have you pass whether you have no cats or have 2 spark plugs out? It's a test only station too
Old 12-03-2007, 01:40 AM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

How about I give you an address of a place in So Cal that will have you pass whether you have no cats or have 2 spark plugs out? It's a test only station too

I live in Nor Cal, thanks for the offer man but emissions isnt my big fear at the moment! i can change back to stock midpipe when needed, my big fear isgetting pulled over and sent to the referree station and have a huge fine!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rdiaz89

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

Thats Why![:@]

i mean without a doubt i would love to install it the way it is (offroad) but i am just so hesitant to because of emissions and fines we have here in california! [:@]the 1 that connects to the factory cats wouldnt of been much different in sound that is! and i got mine at an incredible deal (it is used though)

My bad, I didnt know they haven't made them in over a year, I guess I really never did look for them with the cats since I dont have emission testing where I live...For now that is
Old 12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
nitetimebolher
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rdiaz89

ORIGINAL: olvanish

I live in Nor Cal, thanks for the offer man but emissions isnt my big fear at the moment! i can change back to stock midpipe when needed, my big fear isgetting pulled over and sent to the referree station and have a huge fine!
That's the same dillemma in in, I just dont want to get pulled over and get a big fine for not having any cats, I can take a exhaust fix it ticket, but not a no-cat fine. I wonder what's the cheapest way to add hi flow cats to this setup?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Fast Toys
Banned

If you measure the space you need to weld them up in, we sell Random Tech High Flow cats. They make some of the smallest and highest flowing available. They are available in 2.25, 2.50 and 3.00" bullet designs. Just email or give us a call and we can assist you.

You are right that Mac has not offered ANY catalyic equipped products in well over a year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: add hiflo cats to prochamber