Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust........For Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:21 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust........For Convertible

I know there are many threads discussing the best exhausts for our mustangs. However, I couldn't find very much talking about the best axelback exhaust for a convertible. I have been considering Corsa and Borla but can't seem to make a decision. Having a convertible I am very concerned about drone as I can imagine it will be much worse with the convertible, but I still want a great sounding exhaust. My mustang is not an everyday driver and will only be driven during the summer months when I can have the top down, so I think I can handle a louder exhaust. I am looking for some input directly from convertible owners with aftermarket exhausts, what are you running and how happy are you with your setup?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust........For Convertible

I have the single GT Take-off and love it. I definitely wouldn't want any thing any louder.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:37 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I'm the same set up as you, only drive in good weather and when I can have the top down. However I'm an auto and the drone issue is more important b/c autos always seem to be in that rpm range. I would advise againt the borla stingers. My suggestion is the Corsas, FRPP GTA's(Borla "Ovals") and possibly Pypes Violators, in that order. Good Luck!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:52 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

drbobvs, thanks for the input. Those rims are sweet by the way.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
rerun
1st Gear Member

'06 GT Vert running Pypes Offroad H-pipe with MAC axle backs here. I grew up around loud cars so it doesn't bother me, but for the average guy it's probably not going to fly. Very lound, very stinky.

-J
Old 12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Any other vert owners out there have an opinion?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

I personally like the MAC Axle Backs. Great sound, With the top down, the drone is not bad at all.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:08 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I have the FRPP Borlas on my '06 vert. Perfect with the top down...a bit laborious with the top up. I'm thinking of switching to Corsa's now that it is cold and the top is up most of the time.

Hopefully I will defer the switch till the springtime....then I won't want to switch anymore.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:40 PM
msully1

I run the GMS 2.5" cat back exhaust on my 07 GT vert. Its not much louder than stock at idle but makes a great sound when you gas it. There is no drone with this system. GMS also claims 10-15 hp increase with their exhaust. I could definately tell a difference. Most other exhaust only provide 2-3 hp.

The other great thing about the GMS is that it is a full stainless steel cat back system and costs about the same as other axle back only systems so it's one of the best bang for the buck exhaust systems out there. I also purchsed their CAI and ended up with 283 rwhp with the exhaust and CAI. I am pleased. I will be more pleased however when I get my car back from Vortech! Anyone need a GMS CAI?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:24 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

SLP LM's are insane...the sound is perfect!!!!!....I can't wait to see how it sounds when I get the Kooks LT's and X Pipe on......you can go to brenspeed.com and check it out

Quick Reply: Exhaust........For Convertible