Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ba-ma is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ba-ma is killing me

I've heard Great things about Doug and his tunes, that said, if Customer Service is a concern for you, I have two words for you....BREN-SPEED.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

You have a choice, there are other great tuners out there if you're not happy.

Justin @ VMP always answers emails within a few hours, and sent my last updated tune within a business day.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Frustration Post. Removed by original poster.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
medgrill

Old 12-03-2007, 03:49 PM
medgrill

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

i say this everytime i see a bamachips is lazy post lol.

Doug runs that company BY HIMSELF. everyone seems to be too hard on him. yeah its understandable why everyone wants him to respond within a day but for him to respond to all the emails he gets, program xcals and tune cars on the dyno. its alot to do for a one man show. when i was at bama for my dyno tune, he opened up his email and just from one day he had 250 emails. he has a guy come in to help him sometimes but that is just to get cars strapped down on the dyno. everything else he does BY HIMSELF. he is also moving into a new building. be easy on him guys. 3 weeks does seem a bit long but best thing to do is call him during hours. he doesnt pick up outside of operation hours. sorry to hear about your situation but doesnt it make more sense to get the tune file from him before you get the converter put on? i hope this doesnt sound like im saying that doug isnt doing anything wrong but i just want to let everyone know why it takes him so long to respond to most people.
We have been hearing the same excuse for months now give it a rest bottom line his cust. service stinks thats why i switched to brenspeed.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

The only ones complaining about Doug besides the OP are people who never even tried dealing with him. WTF? I called Doug last week and he answered on the 2nd ring and took care of my questions. Doug writes great tunes and cares more about our cars than anyone I've dealt with. Does he need help? Maybe, but how do you know he isn't looking for help? It's very hard to find good people who you can trust your customers and business to, so stop all the Ba ma bashing and give the guy a chance.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

well the more people that decide to buy tunes elsewhere will improve his return time( due to the decrease in business ) then his customer service will improve, then he will get more business and it will start all over lol
Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have never had any problems reaching him, he has always responded to my email within 3-4 days and has reworked my tunes 3-4 times without any issues and no new charges....
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I have never had any problems reaching him, he has always responded to my email within 3-4 days and has reworked my tunes 3-4 times without any issues and no new charges....
+1
Old 12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

The only ones complaining about Doug besides the OP are people who never even tried dealing with him. WTF?

Doug writes great tunes and cares more about our cars than anyone I've dealt with.
My communications issue has been resolved.

No harm, no foul.

Quick Reply: Ba-ma is killing me