Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ba-ma is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:32 AM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

Default Ba-ma is killing me

Im growing frustrated for the time it takes for them to reply to my emails .
I sent them an email about 3 weeks ago asking for a new tune for a recently added torque converter but as expected no one responded.
I did not call them cuz i liveoverseas and didnt want to waste money on something i can do online.

What do u guys think i should do? I looked on their site for their number but didnt find it.
Help me
Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ba-ma is killing me

Call Doug. I tried emailing him, then just ended up calling him and he fixed my tune while I was on the phone with him.

1-205-302-0231

Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

It is a bad thing though, if they post an email address then they should respond to it. 3 Weeks is unacceptable and to have them fix problems during a call is almost rubbing it in -They have time to field that stuff there and then but not to answer emails?
It's a classic [bad] customer support philosophy, ignore the first call/put them in a long call queue/ignore emails/don't offer a callback system and hopefully they won't come back. Works in more than half the cases I expect.
What they don't realize is that they are losing repeat business and often new I've read of these issues with them before and as a result I won't ever buy from them.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i say this everytime i see a bamachips is lazy post lol.

Doug runs that company BY HIMSELF. everyone seems to be too hard on him. yeah its understandable why everyone wants him to respond within a day but for him to respond to all the emails he gets, program xcals and tune cars on the dyno. its alot to do for a one man show. when i was at bama for my dyno tune, he opened up his email and just from one day he had 250 emails. he has a guy come in to help him sometimes but that is just to get cars strapped down on the dyno. everything else he does BY HIMSELF. he is also moving into a new building. be easy on him guys. 3 weeks does seem a bit long but best thing to do is call him during hours. he doesnt pick up outside of operation hours. sorry to hear about your situation but doesnt it make more sense to get the tune file from him before you get the converter put on? i hope this doesnt sound like im saying that doug isnt doing anything wrong but i just want to let everyone know why it takes him so long to respond to most people.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

It is a bad thing though, if they post an email address then they should respond to it. 3 Weeks is unacceptable and to have them fix problems during a call is almost rubbing it in -They have time to field that stuff there and then but not to answer emails?
It's a classic [bad] customer support philosophy, ignore the first call/put them in a long call queue/ignore emails/don't offer a callback system and hopefully they won't come back. Works in more than half the cases I expect.
What they don't realize is that they are losing repeat business and often new I've read of these issues with them before and as a result I won't ever buy from them.
I really doubt that is the case. Doug is a very nice guy, and those who have met him( quite a few on this forum) will stand by that aswell. he does everything he can to help. but when you are one of the major Mustang tuners its hard to get to everybody. especially ontop of all the stuff he is dealing with right now ( new shop, dyno tunes, ect....)
Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

He's on his own eh?that sounds like his problem, not the customers. 3 weeks and no reply is a henious crime in the business world whichever way to look at it.

If he's too busy, he's making money, if he's making money, hire in help. Or, put another way - If youcan't handle the heat get out the kitchen.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

thats true, he should hire some help. but im just saying with the move into the new shop and trying to really set up his business just be a little easy on him. by the way man, you car is amazing. how do u like that glass back roof? i want one so bad haha.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Looks to me like the guy does some business, So that tells me one thing...This guys making money, and if he is making money he needs to hire some help. Its one thing to not have the money to hire someone to help, its another thing to have the money and dont want to hire anybody.....If he wants to keep his customers happy and get new customersthen he needs to be able to give out some service after the sale....From what I have read I wouldnt do business with the guy....For the simple fact I want customer support when I want it, not when they decide to get back to me....I might be a jackass for saying that butIm sure Im not the only one that feels that way...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I've said it over and over again, like marcuskeeler did above....A company must grow with its customer base, otherwise it will and should get left behind. We aren't going to cause that, but we're obviously witnessing it.

Go brenspeed and vmptuning!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
z06stang
1st Gear Member

keep on hearing the same stuff on bama. after my swap i think i'll go brenspeed. plus they are only 100 miles away from me.

Quick Reply: Ba-ma is killing me