FRPP 400 HP SC - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

FRPP 400 HP SC

Old 12-04-2007, 12:42 AM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP 400 HP SC

ORIGINAL: Valenti

ORIGINAL: whtcanbrwnd04u

do the computers really measure speed codes.. so ford knows how fast youve been in your car??

cant you just say it was at the track?
Yes, Ford can find the exact speed at the time of malfunction, collision, etc....
I believe this is true. But, Ford is pathetic when they tell me they can't pull the P2106 and P2135 codes for the bad throttle position sensor. "We can't duplicate the problem" doesn't quite cut it Ford.[sm=smiley21.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]Just a phucked up way of telling me they either don't want to, or won't fix it.

I took it to a SUZUKI dealer, with a Ford autorized tech, and they FIXED it under warranty, no questions asked!!! What's wrong with this picture?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:00 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I spoke to the general manager at galpin autosports (a well-known shop in cali and probably throughout the whole US) and he told me that after you install a supercharger, no matter who makes it, whether its FRPP, Saleen, Roush etc. it will void your whole powertrain warranty. Of course your dealer might have a different policy (some specialize in good customer serivce, others in just selling cars and making sure buyer keeps them stock). All I'm saying is try to get them to give what you just described to you in writing.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Well warranty wise you can look at it one of 2 ways. Yes it is nice if a part fails to get it replaced for free. But if it broke once it will break again so I am of the opinion of just replacing it with something that wont break.

Also if you modify your power train and for some reason you power windows stop working, Ford will have to fix that under warranty. Any aftermarket part that you add they have to prove that it caused the failure for it not to be covered. Its the Magnusun Act (not sure on spelling but it is close).

As far as the Whipple Non-int Supercharger vs doing boltons I am not sure I agree with Legion5.

If you were to do all the "easy" bolt ons i.e. CAI, tune, UDP, Longtubes, catted x-pipe, CMCV delete plates, on a manual car with a good tune would be about 315-330rwhp from what I have read and cost about $2.5-$3k. The plus of this is that these really wont break anything if done right and if you keep all the stock parts you could swap back to 100% stock in about 6-8hr depending on skill.

The Whipple non-int S/C would get you about 350rwhp from what I have read. And if he got his first post in writing from the Dealership (and I would have thier legal guy sign it too or GM) he would be covered regardless.

Plus there are a few members on here with this supercharger making almost 400rwhp with a tune. Plus later he can add the HO upgrade and make 500+ for an extra $2k.

BACK UP INFO: MM&FF installed this blower on an auto who baselined 251rwhp, and 265rwtq and ran [email protected] street tires. After install 336rwhp 308rwtq and ran [email protected] street tires. With a manual figure 20 more hp and 2 tenths less in the quarter.

Also if you do bolt ons intead I would add a - shifter, alum driveshaft, gears, front sway bar delete rad support, UCA, LCA figure another $1.8-$2k.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

That's true, your original Ford warranty is null and void as far as powertrain is concerned.
However, in the case of the Saleen 475hp kit, Saleen takes over the warranty (3/36k). Same with FRPP and the Whipple Low Output kit (1/12k).

ORIGINAL: olvanish

I spoke to the general manager at galpin autosports (a well-known shop in cali and probably throughout the whole US) and he told me that after you install a supercharger, no matter who makes it, whether its FRPP, Saleen, Roush etc. it will void your whole powertrain warranty. Of course your dealer might have a different policy (some specialize in good customer serivce, others in just selling cars and making sure buyer keeps them stock). All I'm saying is try to get them to give what you just described to you in writing.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

The Whipple non-int S/C would get you about 350rwhp from what I have read. And if he got his first post in writing from the Dealership (and I would have thier legal guy sign it too or GM) he would be covered regardless.

I'd be surprised if it only made that much, maybe on an auto. Whipple underestimated the power gains IMO just to cover their butts. 2k6silvergt made 404rwhp with 4.10 gears and full exhaust on an auto. That was with the 6psi non-intercooled kit and a custom tune.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Moose, yup he was one of the members I was talking about ,

As I referenced above MM&FF put it on an auto but used the FRPP tune. Even with that they cut almost a second off the quarter mile time and added 85rwhp.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

The reason they make it 1 year while not installing it at delivery is I beleive because the engine will have to be broken in again.
LOL Broken in again eh? How does that work then, do they install new liners, rings and bearings at the same time? You're funny
Old 12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

OK, the FRPP 400hp S/C if installed by Ford will not void you r warranty on stock parts. And will come with a 1year/12,000 mile warranty if installed after delivery and 3year/36,000 warranty if installed before delivery. Any Ford accessory install before delivery is warranty for 3/36. Just read the brochure on the Mustang and the Mustang Accessory brochure. Now the FRPP 500hp S/C is NOT warranted. Even if installed by Ford dealer. I have looked into which to install 400hp or 500 hp. There is about a $1000 price difference. $5000/$6000 for the parts without install. For that kind of money I will get the 500hp.

I have asked 5 Ford dealers here in Delaware/Maryland about the warranty on the FRPP S/C. They all said the same thing.

The only S/C that will NOT viod our warranty is the FRPP 400hp one.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]Leoleo

Yup thats how I understand it
Old 12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

The reason they make it 1 year while not installing it at delivery is I beleive because the engine will have to be broken in again.
LOL Broken in again eh? How does that work then, do they install new liners, rings and bearings at the same time? You're funny
Actually I'm just smart, I like to help people to not go into things blind so I like to put my good reasoning skills forward.. but for example the various supercharger parts would need breaking in. this is undeniable wether the condition of these parts is relavent or not. Besides this I don't see a more logical reason to have Ford not offer a 3 year warranty on post purchase installs. Perhapse it's a marketing scheme but it makes zero sense as one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FRPP 400 HP SC

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.