Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I hate dealerships

Now i understand why there are cry baby customers. LIKE ALL OF YOU!!!! lol. j/k.

As casper.. most ford techs do that.. I remeber one time they cleaned my change out of my glove box.. bastards
You SOB dont go around telling most FORD techs do that. lol. Youre giving me a bad name. Im sure people read this and think im a ****bag. lol.

Why the amount of test drive. Well, we have to find the problem. If its a noise i will call the customer and tell him to come give me a test drive. I wont do it. I want to hear the noise and on the way back to the dealership i will drive it. So i can verify where its comming from. Noises are different in the passengers seat. BUT after i fix it i test drive it. Maybe its 12 miles on the highway. Maybe its 22 miles to find a nice bumpy road. I dont care how many miles i put on ANY ones car, as long as i fix it. Beat on customers cars... i personally dont. But i have been know to beat the living heck out of a brand new car. That way there i dont feel as bad. lol. Some techs steal money, beat peopls cars, dent cars and laugh and let the customer take it, scratch it, rub their dirty hands on things, browse through youre personals. Some people are scum bags, and you will get to know them if you talk to the tech working on youre car. I HATE it when the customer comes out and starts talking to me while im trying to work!!! Makes me mad. But i dont mind shooting the **** with them after the job OR before. Its always nice to get the customers input about the car, and/or the noise, rattle concern.

Note the milage if you want to. But if i get youre car and you record the milage and you come back and whine, i'll talk face to face with you about ANY concern about youre car. Because i have alot of trust in my work and i try my hardest to complete every job with quality. And record youre milage... yeah i think its a good idea. But dont get upset if you see a 20 mile difference especially if its a noise. You realize the service advisor drives it first, then the tech drives it to hear it. THEN if needed the service manager drives it to find the noise. So its a large chain of people who drive it, but the way i work i sum it up with driving it with the customer so i can either hear it or not.

The Mustang Heat shield rattle. I start it up, nothing. I get the customer, he tells me its a exhaust heat shield rattle for sure and he wants new exhaust. I laughed and said, so you pay for them. He said nope, thats what warranty is for. I told him only if i can find the noise. He was getting mad at me and i was laughing. So i asked him to make the noise, no prob he says...... He tried it and got nothing. lol So i let it sit and went out later fired her up and i got the noise. I pulled it in and checked the exhaust and it was fine.... So i thought to myself, if he says it a heat shield rattle. I'll just whack the exhaust... Did it and heard the connecting plate between trans and engine were rattling. So i made some bolts and put them in. Problem fixed.

So my deal is, dont hate the dealership. Because i know it may be hard to understand where they are comming from sometimes. But they have to verify the concern first because thats what we do. We dont just throw parts at things. ( Well some techs do!) So sometimes it takes people longer to find a problem. ANd when people like myself give out TSBs because they are needed. You cant just go into a dealership and say hey check this out, fix my car!!! First they gotta put gas in it and if it shuts off on them then they say ok. I'll put a gas tank in. easy fix. Put it in and then they HAVE to test drive it to see if it leaks, or over bumps does that hose pull out because i put it back wrong. All these things have to be put into consideration.