Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I WIN THE STUPIDITY AWARD

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default I WIN THE STUPIDITY AWARD

Yep, Thats right no joking here, I just hope I didn't screw up my engine. It all started with installing my Underdrive pulleys this past Saturday... Well the initial tear down wasn'tanissue aside from having to disconnect the upper radiator hose to pull the fan out. I didn't even have to use an impact wrench on the crank pulley.
Here's where the stupidity comes into play...When I disconnected the upper radiator hose rather then having coolant flowing all over the place I pulled the hose back and tied it up with a piece of wire, no problem I thought since I wasn't leaking coolant from there.....It was leaking out of the radiator, so what do I do? Guess!! Well I found a plug to put in the neck of the radiator, I thought to myself, hum that'll work, and continued changing the pulleys.
Well I torqued everything down put the belt back on, connected the radiator hose then started the car to make sure the belt was running true....Did you catch it???? I didn't either until after driving 7 miles to my house.
When I started up the car after installing the pulleys I see the temp. gauge is where it's supposed to be so I drive home... Well I pull into my subdivision and look at my temp. gauge and its pegging the red line... Oh Crap I think to myself, youfreakin idiot... I pop the hood and see antifreeze sprayed everywhere!!!! After everything cooled down I fixed my dumb A$$ mistake (plug in the radiator) and try to wipe up the engine bay..

Ok here it is 3 days later I finally take the car for a spin to see if everything is ok and I see that the coolant is still burning off. How long before it stops smoking?????????
Old 12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I WIN THE STUPIDITY AWARD

Take it to a car wash & rinse.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Ouch...probably a week or so, depends on how much you lost.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

As long as it takes. Who knows? Hope you didn't warp a head.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Naa that doesn't win the award. Now if you put red locktite on the plug before you put it in, then you would be in the running!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Naa that doesn't win the award. Now if you put red locktite on the plug before you put it in, then you would be in the running!
lol probably
hope everything works out for you and your car
Old 12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Ouch! Man I hate when that **** happens....Lets hope everything is ok and it just burns off.
Good luck BTW that a sharp looking car.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:36 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

That crap stinks as well eh? Get an engine wash-down then spray the whole thing with WD40.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Well I took the car for about a 20 minute drive tonight and the car doesnt have any leaks that I can see and the temp gauge is normal. Do you think that everything is ok with the engine?????
I do have a little bogging when I punch it but I think it may be my tune, not sure tho.
What do you guys think? Anything to worry about????
Old 12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

I'd run a compression check just for the hell of it and pull the plugs and take a look for anything unusual on any of them. If compression and the plugs all come out about the same across all 8 cylinders I would say you are good to go.

Quick Reply: I WIN THE STUPIDITY AWARD