Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Mustang fuse box

Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05 Mustang fuse box

ORIGINAL: hybridmoments

ORIGINAL: BradC

Call me a moron or whatever, but I couldn't find the fuse box in the passenger compartment. Or maybe I did, but didn't want to break anything.

On the passenger side, I pulled off the cover there, and then I saw a small rectangular black box. I tried to tug at it a little but it didn't want to come off and I didn't want to break anything. Is that the fuse box cover? The owner's manual has a crappy drawing and no location drawings.

Also, the manual doesn't point out the under-the-hood fuse box. Or does it and I just didn't see it?

why can't we all just get along! anyway

the fuse box under the passenger dash...remove the outer cover and the black box is what your looking for there is a clip on each side of the black cover...its kind of awkward trying to remove it but if you can get 1 side unclipped it will come off pretty easy....under the hood its on the right side as your looking at it toward the front of the car
WOOPS...i mean left side as your facing the car duuhhh! lol
Old 03-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL:

"I think "Americans" should stop their bigotry for a while"- first of all what in my comment was bigotry? Did I say something to demean Mexicans in a bad way? Or are you trying hard to take offence? You choose to take offence. There are things is everyday life that people can take offence too. For you to take offence on an off the wall comment that was not in a racial context, shows you have other issues.
Easy, I am not offended and I did not refer to anything said in this thread. It was more of an observation.
If I really was offended by something like this I wouldn't even have posted in the thread, since it would have been meaningless. Why would I try to change peoples mind over the internet?

Anyway, my comment wasn't directed at you. Sorry if it appeared so.

Have a good one!

//Jonas
Old 03-18-2005, 01:11 AM
dukenitro
1st Gear Member

I had to take the fuse box cover off my car today as well. I hard wired a passport radar detector. Once you get the clips off the sides of the stupid little cover you will see how easy it is to get on and off. It WAS a pain in the rump figuring it out the first time. They even give you a little fuse puller that comes in handy to pull the fuses.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

haha.. dont worry.. I want not referring to you. Just a few others that seemed to go out of the way to get offended. I'm half greek and half mut(scot/american indian who knows what else). Plus add to that a belly..haha. So yoru right.. we are all from all over. The point was that I made a comment that was not made in a racist but more on having american cars built in mexico(thinking they were like dodge and who knows what else). Then having a few that took it the wrong way and start getting a hissy fit. Just like in another post someone made a comment about being a Columbian. Nothing bad. but again.. a few that could not let that go by.. Please that act like their squeaky clean **** me off [sm=boosign.gif]
Old 03-18-2005, 01:56 AM
BradC
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check it out tomorrow morning.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

glad I could help [sm=sorry.gif]