Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something broke and bent

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Something broke and bent

I broke my rear passenger lower control arm it is bent all up and cracked in half. I was driving and heard this loud crack sound. I guess it got bent when I hit those cones a few months ago. Should I take my c.a.i. and tune off?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Something broke and bent

I don't see any reason for them to look under the Hood, if the problem is a Cracked LCA.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

If they won't cover it there are probably a couple of thousand stock spares laying arround members garages. Somebody will probably give you one, or buy some good ones.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:57 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Rule of thumb always when you brake something on your car hard driving try to take out as many performance mods you can before taking it to the dealer. The cai takes 5 min to remove. Why take the chance for the dealer to start *** pedaling because of that.

Andrew
Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

If a CAI and tune breaksthe LCA of the rear suspension than Ford needs to go back to the drawing board! They will cover it and you do not have to take off the CAI/tune. They have no need of what so ever to look under the hood. Make sure if you do have a tune that they do not reflash your tune or everything will be screwed up. Just tell them not to do anything to the car extra other than replace the LCA under warranty! YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS! Tell them you will wait for the car as it should not take more than an hour total! JMO J
Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Pics please.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

If a CAI and tune breaksthe LCA of the rear suspension than Ford needs to go back to the drawing board! They will cover it and you do not have to take off the CAI/tune. They have no need of what so ever to look under the hood. Make sure if you do have a tune that they do not reflash your tune or everything will be screwed up. Just tell them not to do anything to the car extra other than replace the LCA under warranty! YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS! Tell them you will wait for the car as it should not take more than an hour total! JMO J
+1

I would leave all your mods installed. If they try to say that an intake and tune broke your LCA then they're just trying to screw you over. If they try to do this, stand your ground, and be confident that there is NO WAY and intake and tune can break your LCA.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ya I broke and bent my passenger rear lca (lower control arm). Stealership said they won't cover it because its bent, that something had to of hit it. Which may have been these stupid cones I hit a few months ago.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Ask them how the **** something hit the lca then haha
Old 12-06-2007, 10:09 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

man dont pay them bro. I have a extra one. Ill sell it for 50% off what they try to charge you [8D]

Its not that hard. I'm sure they will say something hit it. or try to make a 100+ bucks or something. its easy to fix that. PM me if you need the part.

Quick Reply: Something broke and bent