Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Challenger Being Priced $20K over sticker.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:07 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Challenger Being Priced $20K over sticker.

If you got it, spend it. I bought a 2006 Mustang GT, I could afford it comfortably at the time. It was great. I saved money for a couple of years, added more to my payment to pay my 2006 off earlier. I got money back when I traded it in, now have a Shelby GT which I afford comfortably. People give me the same crap that the guys who spend extra money on the Challenger, GT500, Shelby GT.

They tell me, "you could have more if you spent less on a regular GT, blah blah". I know, but I don't care. I really wanted a Shelby GT, and I could afford it. End of story. I just get tired of people telling me what they would do with my money.

The GT500 is great, and more pricey, but would not have made a good daily driver, which is what I use my car for.

If they have the money, let them spend it. I see alot of "I would buy it at msrp". No you wouldn't. Also, why don't you spend that $40,000+ and mod your GT?

Not trying to sound angry or condescending, but everyone needs to stop trying to tell other people how they should spend their money. If you can afford it, great, if not, stop bashing people that can! [&:]

- C

I apologize if anyone reads more into what I said than is there, as that is how text goes. Out of context to be simpler. [X(]

Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

for a Dodge that's not a Viper? lmao...
Old 12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roush427rrr

what a waste of money especially since this first batch from what i've read are going to all be automatics
I don't think Dodge has ANY of their "retro muscle" cars as manuals, unless you count the Viper in that group...The Charger is automatic, with a "manumatic" option, the Magnum was an auto only version...Doesn't surprise me one bit that the Challenger will be an auto only.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:42 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

for a Dodge that's not a Viper? lmao...
[hr]

thats funny
Old 12-06-2007, 05:48 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I wonder if they found a reputable tranny to go with that slop. How about the inability to stop a viper? Was that repaired in the retro car? So its got a hemi, is that maxed out or can I buy a blower that will actually increase power? The viper...lol.... The interior of the old neon was about the same as the vipers, boring
Old 12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

what a waste of money especially since this first batch from what i've read are going to all be automatics
I don't think Dodge has ANY of their "retro muscle" cars as manuals, unless you count the Viper in that group...The Charger is automatic, with a "manumatic" option, the Magnum was an auto only version...Doesn't surprise me one bit that the Challenger will be an auto only.
There is a lot of misinformation going on on about the Challenger being an automatic only. According to a reliable source at allpar.com, it will be offered in a six-speed:

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM
roush427rrr
1st Gear Member

from what i've read the inital run will be autos only then they will start producing the six speed as an option

"The Challenger was originally expected to be offered with a manual transmission and V8 engine only, but Automotive News has been reporting that the first 5,000 units will all be SRT8 models with an automatic transmission. In addition, these first cars will begin production as early as March 2008 and will be sold as 2008 model year cars.
Shortly after that initial production run, Dodge will be offering three models of the Challenger as 2009 model year cars. The base model will be powered by a 3.5L V6 and will be mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. The 3.5L will be replaced by Chrysler's upcoming 4.0L Phoenix V6, but probably not until the 2011 model year.
R/T models will come equipped with a 5.7L V8 and buyers will have the option of a five-speed automatic or a six-speed manual. The SRT8 model adds a 6.1L V8 and can be mated to a five-speed auto or six-speed manual. A 6.4L could show up in the SRT model as soon as the 2010 model year.
A convertible is also expected to bow sometime in 2009 with all three trim levels available.
Manual transmission cars will come with Chrysler's Hill Start Assist technology — as used in the Dodge Ram, Jeep Commander, Grand Cherokee and the Liberty — which maintains brake pressure until throttle is applied.
Dodge will also offer a Trak Pack, which appears to be little more than a marketing name given to a specific package of transmission, shifter and gearing."

-Left Lane News (leftlanenews.com)
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Auto or manual, that car will sell...I rather have a 6spd myself, always.
If they stray away from the concept look, that would be their mistake IMO.

Can't wait to see those on the roads though.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

No worries. If it IS offered with a manual, that'd be awesome; if not, it wouldn't surprise me, based upon the previous offerings by Dodge in recent years.

There is a lot of misinformation going on on about the Challenger being an automatic only. According to a reliable source at allpar.com, it will be offered in a six-speed:

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Old 12-06-2007, 07:26 PM
roush427rrr
1st Gear Member

i think once they get past this:

"The Dodge Challenger just became available for customers to pre-order on December 3, but Dodge has already received 6,000 deposits — 4,300 on the first day alone. If earlier reports are accurate — which had the first production run pegged at 5,000 units — the waiting list already exceeds initial supply."

the price will level off some...

Quick Reply: Challenger Being Priced $20K over sticker.