Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Take it all back!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I Take it all back!

Wisconsin hasn't been too bad yet on my DD. And besides, my chin spoiler makes a dandy snow plow.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

I must have missed it, or am really tired, but what are you taking all back? [&:]
Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

We have 10 inches of heavy wet snow in our sub-division this AM and with the GT's 5 inch draft, it ain't going anywhere. It is still coming down at a rate of 2 inches per hour. I couldn't get it out of our drive. So, there are limitations to when and where the Stang can or should go in the winter. Common sense plays and important role now, and 40 years ago. You have to know when to say when.
Ten inches!? Neither one of my cars would have made it out of the drive way in those conditions.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:49 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

well i guess i was lucky with just two this past monday... i think the car handled awesome with the stock tires and the 150pds of kitty litter in the trunk
Old 12-07-2007, 11:09 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

winter tires FTW cant stress it enough ,
Old 12-07-2007, 11:19 PM
jerimiahy16
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tormentor

Ouch thats sucks, Here in Illinois we just got about an inch last night and my GT is hibernating in my garage for the winter.
I really hate not being able to drive the thing. I may have to takeher for aride when the roads dry up just to keep her happy.
Keep your spirits up, you'll have something to look forward to when spring time comes around. Thats if you dint plan on driving it during the winter.

Cheers
Only an inch?

I had an inch the last couple days followed by ICE! And I've had no problems. Not that I have a choice to let it hybernate.

In general I hear that rear wheel drive vehicles - especially mustangs or so my boss says - however I have nothing to compare to. I've already driven the former.

My mustang is actually doing far better then my previous Nissan Sentra which got stuck in my driveway last year for over a week. I had to walk over an hour to work each day til the owner offered me a ride.[:'(]
Old 12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadyNinja

winter tires FTW cant stress it enough ,
+1
Makes all the difference in the world, and it's a good way to put those stock wheels to use.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

It was 80 today in Houston.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:59 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

For those of you who are parking your car till the snow melts....if this is your first winter, I would advise the use of a battery maintainer....or at least have jumper cables or a charger ready when it is time to start it up again. Lots of us have had dead batteries when the car sits for more than 2 weeks.

Last time I checked, there was no TSB and the Ford story is that the electronics of"any modern car" will kill a battery in acouple of weeks. We know this not to be true since my suburban and my CTSV have each sat in excess of a month and started right up.....
Old 12-09-2007, 10:02 AM
07RedfireGT
1st Gear Member

I live in Iowa and we have snow and ice here so i haven't driven my Mustang for a couple of weeks now. Really sucks, can't wait till spring. At least i have a garage to keep it in.

Quick Reply: I Take it all back!