Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197's and handheld tuners

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:15 AM
oldguy05gt

Default RE: S197's and handheld tuners

I got a Predator in a box that came with my very low miles '05 GT with factory warrantee left. The auto dealer who does custom add-on'sput a Vortec supercharger on it with a 93 octane tune.

Next time I was on my computer I looked at Diablo's site and they keep talking about "CMR,"and all the dealers that do the tuning are "CMR" dealers and how to find an authorized "CMR" dealer.That would seem okay and there are a couple not too far from me BUT wtf is "CMR?" What's the big secret here? I'm not a mind reader. How does CMR relate to Diablo or vice versa? Translation please.

Thanks to anyone...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oldguy05gt

I got a Predator in a box that came with my very low miles '05 GT with factory warrantee left. The auto dealer who does custom add-on'sput a Vortec supercharger on it with a 93 octane tune.

Next time I was on my computer I looked at Diablo's site and they keep talking about "CMR,"and all the dealers that do the tuning are "CMR" dealers and how to find an authorized "CMR" dealer.That would seem okay and there are a couple not too far from me BUT wtf is "CMR?" What's the big secret here? I'm not a mind reader. How does CMR relate to Diablo or vice versa? Translation please.

Thanks to anyone...
CMR is software that is actually used to write the tunes. I don't know how much it costs, but I'm pretty sure it is very expensive ($1000+), and comes with its own specialized hardware. CMR software can write a tune to work on any Predator. The Predator is only used to flash the tune to the car, it is also capable of changing a few parameters, but the CMR software is what is actually used to change the fuel map and all the important things.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 AM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

It took me a while to get up to speed with the new technology (hey I remember when F/I stood for fuel injection, not forced induction), but I'm beginning to see the advantages of it. The tuner is not cheap, but it allows me to quickly do some things that used to be expensive and time-consuming. For example, with a differential or wheel/tire swap, I just enter in the values to reset the speedo instead of changing the speedo gear. Instead of carb jets or injector swaps, I just alter the fuel program. etc. etc.

Sleeper2