Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pepboys sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:08 PM
dly
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pepboys sucks.

They are closing the 2 Pep boys shop here in Northern Indiana. 50% off everything in the store untill they sell everything off the shelves.

dly 07 GT/CS
Old 12-22-2007, 12:11 AM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

Here is a quick run down. Now I could have saved allot of money by having a stoned teenager do the work, BUT heck I was a honest shop that did honest work and expected honest pay for it.

Tire Changer, High Performance, Air Deluxe (140-170 PSI) Stock#: EEWH315A $9,525.00 Type you have to use on modern alloy rims

Wheel Balancer, Motorized Stock#: EEWB304B $4,695.00

Shop rent and/or mortgage average what I paid 10 years ago per month $4500.00

What I paid my 40+ old ASE cert master tech and dozens of other certs 10 years ago per month $5000.00

Workman’s comp and basic health insurance package 10 years ago per month $1800.00

Electric, gas, phone, water, and waste removal both solid and liquid 10 years ago per month $600.00

Payment to Snap-On, MAC, Cornhole for all the BS I had to purchase to stay current with all constant changes by auto makers and by the f@cken government including mandatory oil filter crusher that only 2 companies made that 6 months later the Gov said that was no longer mandatory AFTER I BOUGHT IT $500.00

Tax’s paid to every freaken government office including a per tire “tax” to pay for OTHER Dumped tire cleanup along with tire removal fees

Countless un paid hours I spent listening to putzs like you b!tching about how much I charge to Only fix a flat, balance a tire, mount a tire, install brake pads etc. $UNKNOWN

For a grand total of………………………………………… ……………………………………$26620.0 0+++++
Old 12-22-2007, 12:16 AM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: black S197

ORIGINAL: panzermk2

you get what you pay for, Putz's like you are why I sold my shop and went on to other things
Ouch.

make that a double ouch
Old 12-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

OK, so last year I bought 2 Michelin X-Ice snow tires for my rear wheels on my 06 GT 5spd. I only have 1 set of wheels though, so every spring/winter I have to have my rear tires remounted and rebalanced and swapped. No big deal, right?

Well lately it's been snowing a hell of a lot in Chicago, so I absolutely had to get my summer tires off and my snow tires on ASAP. I almost got stuck in a FLAT parking lot the other day with 1" of snow. Yeah...the Mustang is THAT bad on unplowed snow. I had to turn TCS and spin the wheels until I finally got moving.

Anyway, I went to 4 tires stores yesterday, prices ranged from $30 to $100 to mount and balance 2 tires when I supplied them. Ripoff! Eventually I went to Pepboys and they charged me $40 and took an hour to do it. OK, fine, whatever. As soon as I'm done, I start driving, and my car is not driving right. I pull over, and the idiots mounted my DIRECTIONAL SNOW TIRES on the wrong side! Not only that, they didn't balance them right. ARGH. So I went back and had them redo it for free. Total time lost: 4 hours!!!

Why is it that only idiots and morons work at Pepboys, Jiffy Lube, etc.? What happened to knowledgeable mechanics who know how to mount and balance tires?! God, this world has gone to hell, when I don't trust ANY SHOP to even do something as brainless as swap 2 tires.
You should have went to discout tire. I have never had a problem with them at all.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: ShadyNinja

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

OK, so last year I bought 2 Michelin X-Ice snow tires for my rear wheels on my 06 GT 5spd. I only have 1 set of wheels though, so every spring/winter I have to have my rear tires remounted and rebalanced and swapped. No big deal, right?

Well lately it's been snowing a hell of a lot in Chicago, so I absolutely had to get my summer tires off and my snow tires on ASAP. I almost got stuck in a FLAT parking lot the other day with 1" of snow. Yeah...the Mustang is THAT bad on unplowed snow. I had to turn TCS and spin the wheels until I finally got moving.

Anyway, I went to 4 tires stores yesterday, prices ranged from $30 to $100 to mount and balance 2 tires when I supplied them. Ripoff! Eventually I went to Pepboys and they charged me $40 and took an hour to do it. OK, fine, whatever. As soon as I'm done, I start driving, and my car is not driving right. I pull over, and the idiots mounted my DIRECTIONAL SNOW TIRES on the wrong side! Not only that, they didn't balance them right. ARGH. So I went back and had them redo it for free. Total time lost: 4 hours!!!

Why is it that only idiots and morons work at Pepboys, Jiffy Lube, etc.? What happened to knowledgeable mechanics who know how to mount and balance tires?! God, this world has gone to hell, when I don't trust ANY SHOP to even do something as brainless as swap 2 tires.
thats wht you buy a winter wheel/tire package from the tire rack and do your swap your self when the seasons change
I can make enough money on a busy day in 4 hours to pay fot tires, time= money
+1
Time is money
Old 12-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

+1 -- I would never have my stang worked on there... if I need a wrench then ok but other then that ... NOPE! Sucks they wasted your time and that is kind of a dumb move on their part.

ORIGINAL: mdg

What did you expect from Manny, Moe and Jack?
Old 12-22-2007, 05:50 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

For you old timers does this bring back any memories. Was there a guy with a water hose in his hand that said I always wanted to work on one of them there Mustangs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:02 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

Discount Tires. you ask them questions and they answer.
they have a window where you can watch them work.
I don't have them, but overheard the guys talkin to a customer about pressure sensors.
they have a good warranty. And I started asking for "medium priced" tires. (I have five vehicles in my fleet.)

But really: changing tires twice a year? even with someone who knows what they're doin, pretty rough on beads and rims, don't you think?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdg

What did you expect from Manny, Moe and Jack?
Manny, Moe and Jack Meehoff!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:55 AM
optras
2nd Gear Member

They don't sell motorcraft synthetic oil either. Hell, they don't have any motorcraft oil of any kind at all at the one near me. They do carry the filters though...strange. Don't really NEED motorcraft but they didn't sell a single case of oil of any type of any brand either. I'd prefer to just buy a case and keep them around so I don't have to go on a goose chase every 3k.