Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greeting a fellow stang owner...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Greeting a fellow stang owner...

Judging by the helmet I would guess Texas.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MantaDreams

I would've waved if I just saw you. And would've probably said something like nice car (and it is!)
and if the weather was fair I would have talked to you until people waitin in line started honking. and maybe kept on talking. I'm married and we're secure in our marriage, whatever the hell thats supposed to mean.
But I do appreciate good lookin women. Most good lookin women want to be appreciated.

But it really does get down to the person. their persona, and not necessarily the car they drive.

Merry Christmas

You cheat on your wife with your eyes. ALL women want to be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Juban
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

I know I wouldnt greet the girl, because Im anti-social. Has nothing to do with her looks or anything else. I just prefer to keep my head down and not talk to anyone.
you are actually asocial, which is commonly confused with the term antisocial. If you were antisocial by definition you'd more than likey be in jail, an institution, or have a warrant or two out for you.

So far I've gotten more looks and nods from people NOT driving mustangs than those that do drive them. Most of the mustangs I pass around here are highschool girls or old ladies, so 90% of them don't know what the hell they are driving aside from a "cute car."

There is one GT out here that looks stock like mine with the same stripe and color combo. It didn't make me mad; it made me put 1/4 window louvers or cdc chin higher up on my mod list =P
Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
07torchgt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VanGTCS

Intimidation smintimidation... She's hot. He's gay. End of story.
+1
Old 12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
docwine
1st Gear Member

I'd Definately say HI!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:58 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

In all fairness to my wife,she doesn't even drive our GT/CS. It would be likeputting Tobasco on a Jalapeno.

And you know what's sad? I don't even like driving it. I want it kept perfect, so it sits under a car cover in a secure garage. When driving it, I don't want people coming within 50 feet of it, I don't want people touching it and I don't even want people looking at it. I thought over time this would diminish, but in the 1 year 1 month since we've had it, I just get more and more OCD about it. I figure it'll take me about 5 years to become institutionalized because of it, but at least the car will still look great!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:48 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

In all fairness to my wife, she doesn't even drive our GT/CS. It would be like putting Tobasco on a Jalapeno.

And you know what's sad? I don't even like driving it. I want it kept perfect, so it sits under a car cover in a secure garage. When driving it, I don't want people coming within 50 feet of it, I don't want people touching it and I don't even want people looking at it. I thought over time this would diminish, but in the 1 year 1 month since we've had it, I just get more and more OCD about it. I figure it'll take me about 5 years to become institutionalized because of it, but at least the car will still look great!
Are you kidding? The GT/CS is a $30K car not a 1/2 Mil collector car.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

In all fairness to my wife,she doesn't even drive our GT/CS. It would be likeputting Tobasco on a Jalapeno.

Are you kidding? The GT/CS is a $30K car not a 1/2 Mil collector car.
Yeah, that's kind of crazy.
Considering people most people who have cars that cost three or four times as much use them as their daily drivers...
Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

That reminds me of a black Mustang GT that must live close to me. I see him all the time around town and especially on the way to work in the morning. So, the first time I am pulled right next to him at the light and I've got my windows down, I shout over to him and say "nice car!"

He then proceeds to glare at me like I'm some kind of idiot. Doesn't even say anything or nod, just glares!!!! Granted it was a GT, no mods with the exception of exhaust, and I could tell it was an automatic.

Some Mustang owners...
Old 12-18-2007, 04:33 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Money isn't the issue. I don't feel the same way about my other car which, comparitively, cost more than the Mustang did, nor do I feel that way about previous vehicles.