Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to bypass clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:39 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

everyone gets their 15 mins.....
Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by nmd55
link?? to the jalopnik
google.com
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

In regards to the dealer..they get all the bad press because someone decided to purposely bypass the safety inter-locks, did not disable the system prior to bringing the car in for service as recommended in the remote start owners manual.....

We all know how that ended.... not well for either side

Last edited by wilkinda; 03-24-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Which one of you Gentlemen is gonna do the honor to lock that thread?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

il let it go for now.....no pissing matches yet
Old 03-24-2010, 06:19 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

here's the link lol

http://jalopnik.com/5500228/dealersh...d-car-totalled
Old 03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I am a former installer with over a decade of experience. We got alot of these questions on the audio section and I will either tell them to do it the right way or not to do it at all. There are systems that are designed to allow a RS to be used on a stick safely and I own one on both of my manual vehicles and never had an incident. These system will not allow the vehicle to start unless it knows that the car is in nuetral and I would never dream of bypassing them for fear of this happening and comming back on me. Likewise I would never give anyone info on there on how to bypass these safety interlocks for the same liability fear.

If I, the installer, were paid to installed this stuff they would be comming straight back to me to point the finger. I do not see why this case would be any different just because he was not a certified installer. in this case as in most cases the installer is the only one to blame and %100 resposible for the problem. He ignored the safety warnings from the alarm manf, from ford and even from the people on here that he asked for help. He didn't use the correct equipment or techniques for the install to ensure its safety. I think lucky should consider himself lucky that the tech holding the keys or anyone else for that fact was not walking infront of the mustang as it took off or lucky would be fighting a manslaughter case........ This sucks for all involved but I think we need to take away a couple of important lessons from it to try and make something positive out of it.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
I am a former installer with over a decade of experience. We got alot of these questions on the audio section and I will either tell them to do it the right way or not to do it at all. There are systems that are designed to allow a RS to be used on a stick safely and I own one on both of my manual vehicles and never had an incident. These system will not allow the vehicle to start unless it knows that the car is in nuetral and I would never dream of bypassing them for fear of this happening and comming back on me. Likewise I would never give anyone info on there on how to bypass these safety interlocks for the same liability fear.

If I, the installer, were paid to installed this stuff they would be comming straight back to me to point the finger. I do not see why this case would be any different just because he was not a certified installer. in this case as in most cases the installer is the only one to blame and %100 resposible for the problem. He ignored the safety warnings from the alarm manf, from ford and even from the people on here that he asked for help. He didn't use the correct equipment or techniques for the install to ensure its safety. I think lucky should consider himself lucky that the tech holding the keys or anyone else for that fact was not walking infront of the mustang as it took off or lucky would be fighting a manslaughter case........ This sucks for all involved but I think we need to take away a couple of important lessons from it to try and make something positive out of it.

which system do you use i have the compstar
Old 03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
yeah, and the story is outside of this forum. jalopnik already has it on their homepage...
Lol, wow!

We need some thread open so we can find out the results.....
Old 03-24-2010, 11:10 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
which system do you use i have the compstar
I have the compustar pro.

Quick Reply: Best way to bypass clutch