Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Mustang Steering Wheel Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Mustang Steering Wheel Vibration

All I know is that removing the clips has resolved vibration problems of a lot of people, so I would say the answer is Yes, the clips can cause a lot of vibration. It's a cheap fix...just costs time. I really hope this is the problem. It's very frustrating to get a mod and have something not work correctly.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Steedafan

sorry pix did not work
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Worked for me.
Try the link
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...l/IMG_8086.jpg
Old 12-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Steedafan

Thanks for all those that have replied. Just signed up and this is by far the best car forum site I have ever subscribed too. I will try the retaining clips and if that does not work then start looking at each wheel.

Also any comments on the Roush Stage 3 S/C? Is price worth the power?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

JMO...our cars have enough "street power" as it is. I would never get any use out of an SC. Unless you're planning on speeding a lot or racing, I don't see the point. My car is my daily driver. When I want to go fast, I punch the gas and it goes fast. However, I've never driven an SC'd car, so I don't really know what it's like. From what I hear, you have to lay off the gas a whole lot more than an N/A GT. Seems like that takes the fun out of the drive.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Thats kind of how I feel, lol. It's hard enough to stay out of trouble
as it is. Just what I keep telling myself because inside I really want
one [:@]

And this page format is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the board
Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Steedafan

hey my gt is black any tips on keeping clean and without h2o spots? i see yours is black as well ...
Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Hey, Steedafan, can you please edit that post with the google image link and delete it so the page will not be so wide? Thanks.

What I do to keep mine clean is the following:

1. Get a California car duster (Target, Walmart...lots of places $14) to remove the light layer of dust without scratching your paint or washing

2. Get an Absorber or Auto Dryer (fake chamois cloth...works much better than a real one) to dry your car as soon as you finish washing it

3. If you do get water spots....and you will .... use a claybar of some kind every two or three months to strip all the wax and contaminants from your clearcoat, and then wash and rewax it as much as you want. The claybar gives the car a nice mirrow finish (after you rewax, of course) and removes water spots. I use Turtle Wax ICE liquid claybar, but, upon the advice of others with more experience, I will be using a real claybar when that runs out.

4. Learn to live with some water spots unless you have a garage and can keep your car out of the rain.

5. Find a good quick spray detailer or spray wax you like for after and in between washes. I like Turtle Wax 1-Step Wax-n-Dry or Armor All Black Magic Express aerosol wax (this one is really nice for a black stang because it's a foam and you don't have as many streaks to buff out). I get great pleasure out of applying spray wax to my Stang. It's very relaxing and the finish is beautiful.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

You been driving fats? I had this problem about a month ago, i had to replace all 4 bands in my wheels, the guy told me it was because i was going a ridiculous ammount of speed... "Man.. i dont know how fast youve been in that thing, but ive been driving these [points at roush and saleens] for a long time, and ive never been able to do that, you must of been haulin"

(i was going close to 140 couple days ago)

So the guy was cool and replaced them under warranty and put some nitrogen in my tires
Old 12-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whtcanbrwnd04u

You been driving fats? I had this problem about a month ago, i had to replace all 4 bands in my wheels, the guy told me it was because i was going a ridiculous ammount of speed... "Man.. i dont know how fast youve been in that thing, but ive been driving these [points at roush and saleens] for a long time, and ive never been able to do that, you must of been haulin"

(i was going close to 140 couple days ago)

So the guy was cool and replaced them under warranty and put some nitrogen in my tires
you know that putting nitrogen in tires actually does nothing beneficial?
it is just a cheap scam for some people to make money.

Quick Reply: 07 Mustang Steering Wheel Vibration