Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I ordered my mustang.............again

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: So I ordered my mustang.............again

Personally, I say congrats on the Sixxer! Forged factory internals on the 4.0+ a $500 nitrous kit and your making stock and even mildly modded GT's take notice. My buddy bought a sixxer 'vertable for his wife, and I hafta say that its a fun whip to throw around! I would think that the weight distro is more even on the Six than the Gt is too.

I say don't listen to anyone who hates on the six. It makes as much power as many of the factory 5.0's did in the day, in a car that weighs nearly the same.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:45 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

i have a gt stick shift andthe insurance ischeaper than the v6 auto that i used to have and im 19 so its always good to check whith your insurance and dont always assume its gonna be more.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout....

now in 5 years when this v6 is paid off, i wont settle for anything less than a GT
Yeah, and Ill still be driving my 7 year old GT and youll have a brand new one.
You [sm=laughat.gif]Me
Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

I think im also better off with the sixxer because I can use the extra money for modding and everything. Also it will help with school
Old 12-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ReaperGT

Thanks fallout and maniacmike, I will definitely keep those in mind when i get her. And pj, my insurance woulda been insane because im only 18
It cant be that much more. Im only 19 and look in my sig. Infact i only got 3 years left on my car to pay off! I cant wait! Insurance isint that much higher! Go re-order a GT!!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:55 PM
MEDIC
1st Gear Member

Well, congrats on getting the car ordered...again...and apparently right this time.

I wasn't too sure about my abilities with the stick shift when I bought my car either. I had owned some stick trucks and even just recently sold my stick F150 (loved that truck), but I never owned a stick sports car before.

I got used to mine pretty quick. I just took it slow and tried to do my "practice" driving away from the folks here who I knew would give me a hard time for stalling it out (which I did a few times). I'm better with it now, and getting better all the time.

The manual is the way to go IMO, but it is too easy to speed with. All ya wanna do is run through the gears, and ya forget about how fast you're actually going. No tickets yet though (knock on wood). I'm glad I went with the stick.

And I know how you feel about the wait. I only waiteda week or two for mine, but it was painful. Enjoy your new ride, and remember to take a lot of pics of it when you pic it up. It'll only be that fresh and new for so long, unfortunately.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:57 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Whatever you do, make your own decission. Don't let any of your friends nor people on the internet make that decission for you. After all you're going to have to live with it. I will say this though just for chits and giggles. I had a 2006 F150 Screw Lariat 4x4 and my insurance only went up $8 from the truck for the whole year!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:58 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

I really dont mind owning the sixxer. I think i will actually prefer this one in the long run with the way gas is these days and I will be able to pay off the sixxer so much faster. Its all good
Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

well the mileage difference is minimal...
but the car is less expensive so you may be able to get it paid off faster
Old 12-16-2007, 12:57 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

These two months are going to take so long

Quick Reply: So I ordered my mustang.............again