MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   The downside to black stripes.... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/382824-the-downside-to-black-stripes.html)

VictoriaRR 12-16-2007 04:07 PM

The downside to black stripes....

...is that they're so hard to keep clean! And they're vinyls, too, which I imagine is harder to keep clean than paint. I always loved my Tungsten because it's pretty easy to keep clean (or at least clean-looking). I didn't even consider how hard black would be to keep clean... I was weighing between black and silver, but opted for the black to maintain the more retro look. And it's tough where I live because I can't use the garage and I live pretty far outside of town and have to deal with lots of dirt... mostly from the construction trucks that pass by every day multiple times to do construction on neighboring new homes. *sigh* :(

I still love them, though. I just didn't realize how hard they'd be to keep clean.

simplexdesign 12-16-2007 04:10 PM

RE: The downside to black stripes....

lol Try having a whole black car to keep clean:D

VictoriaRR 12-16-2007 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: simplexdesign

:D

I was this close to getting a black 'Stang, but ultimately was won over by Tungsten.

Aziraphale 12-16-2007 04:44 PM

+1 [>:]

xtremesaleen 12-16-2007 05:54 PM

+1 in a dirt driveway lol

r3velation 12-16-2007 06:16 PM

the upside is the construction won't be going on for the rest of the mustang's life. i'd just keep a rag and some wet and shine in the trunk and whenever the stripes are building up some dust and dirt on the edges, just give it a nice wipedown and i think you'll be ok. it is a lot of work, but it's worth it imo

T8Stanggt 12-16-2007 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

:D

I was this close to getting a black 'Stang, but ultimately was won over by Tungsten.
me too. I traded in a black impala for the stang, but I clean and maintain my T8 as if she were still black.

swoosh 12-16-2007 07:52 PM

Know the feeling Victoria, my car is an outside car too. This summer it was at the point I was washing/waxing the car each Sunday, would use a california dusterdaily to get rid or the dust and pollen on the car, and sometimes would dust it during the day while at lunch too.

Dunno if the weather is suitable sicne we're starting to hit winter, but as picky as it sounds, have you thought about covering your car while you're at work? I did that a couple of times, and while it took some extra time, it was nice have a clean (and cooler) car to get into after work

Sarge_13 12-16-2007 07:58 PM

Where in San Antonio are you? Your car looks familiar.

Black05StangGT 12-16-2007 09:09 PM

Tungsten is a great color...and the black is hard to keep clean...