MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Some one educate me on the prochamber (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/382901-some-one-educate-me-on-the-prochamber.html)

stangboy555 12-16-2007 07:12 PM

Some one educate me on the prochamber

$425, Is it worth it? Are there alternatives? What are the HP gains on a direct midpipe replacement?

danGT06 12-16-2007 07:23 PM

RE: Some one educate me on the prochamber

IMO the prochamber is really not worth it when you can get a Pypes O/R h-pipe for $180. You will see about 6rwhp from any O/R pipe, but will lose some low end torque. If you want more power then this probably isn't the best mod, but if you want your car louder then get it.

nitetimebolher 12-16-2007 07:36 PM

From what I hear, the off road pro chamber is suppose to be quieter than both offroad XorH.
I think all the offroad pipes will make the same power with the X probably making just a lil more.

It really depends on what sound u prefer. Check sound clips on here or Youtube.
I have the Off Road Prochamber with the borla stinger, it's pretty loud.
I chose this because I wanted a deep rumble sound without that raspiness.

PiggySmallz 12-16-2007 07:42 PM

if you want sound prochamber is great. A lot of guys say the H pipe trumpets a bit, i never noticed any with the prochamber and its high quality

D_Gusler 12-16-2007 08:07 PM

Prochamber = great sound muscular exhaust.

Gonna pick up power---not really.

I can't tell a difference power wise between the OR H and the prochamber. Sound wise--there is a difference. The prochamber acts more like a mid-muffler system.

BOTH lose torque from the stock mid-pipe. Some high end horsepower is gained tho. I would recommend against the o/r unless you have gears(helps make up for torq loss--not major, but noticable).

nitetimebolher 12-16-2007 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

I can't tell a difference power wise between the OR H and the prochamber. Sound wise--there is a difference. The prochamber acts more like a mid-muffler system.

BOTH lose torque from the stock mid-pipe. Some high end horsepower is gained tho. I would recommend against the o/r unless you have gears(helps make up for torq loss--not major, but noticable).
Y is there a loss with OR? Is it because of lack of back pressure?
What if I put a high flow cat?

stangboy555 12-16-2007 09:22 PM

Thanks guys, I think I like the sound I'm not a big fan of the raspy X's but I don't really want to be as loud as an H. Anyone go a link to that long exhaust thread? I saw it yesterday then lost it. Couldn't find it in a search.

D_Gusler 12-17-2007 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: nitetimebolher

You hit the nail on the head--lack of backpressure.

Installing high-flow cats in an off-road pipe is useless. The factory h-pipe flows very well, as it already has two small convertors. Not saying not to upgrade, just saying for $400 for an H with a high flow cats is stupid IMO. The sound will be just like stock as well.

SonicBlue05GT 12-17-2007 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: nitetimebolher

You hit the nail on the head--lack of backpressure.

Installing high-flow cats in an off-road pipe is useless. The factory h-pipe flows very well, as it already has two small convertors. Not saying not to upgrade, just saying for $400 for an H with a high flow cats is stupid IMO. The sound will be just like stock as well.
going high-flow cats for performance is stupid... but putting on high-flow cats for sound isn't.

there is a pretty big difference in sound between the stock cats and high-flows such as bassani or magnaflow