Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest, Best sounding Exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Loudest, Best sounding Exhaust system?

loud and good are 2 different things. sounds like you want a combination of the 2.

for loud you want LT's o/r x or h pipe, and muffler deletes like LM or boomtubes (boomtubes sound better/cleaner but not as loud)

for a nice clean rumble and loud i would suggest Mac LT's, o/r prochamber, Mac axle back or boomtubes. and change out to stock h pipe for inspection.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: onederful100

loud and good are 2 different things. sounds like you want a combination of the 2.

for loud you want LT's o/r x or h pipe, and muffler deletes like LM or boomtubes (boomtubes sound better/cleaner but not as loud)

for a nice clean rumble and loud i would suggest Mac LT's, o/r prochamber, Mac axle back or boomtubes. and change out to stock h pipe for inspection.
um no, o/r prochamber and stock h pipe are not going to work with LTs
Old 12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ApexStang

Off Road H Pipe and Flows. Although I believe I'm getting ready to switch to the Offroad H and the Pypes Mid Muffler System. Both sound killer. Just head over to Brenspeeds website to listen to all the clips and pick which one sounds best to you.

Apex
The mid mufflers are as deep sounding as the stingers, but with much less drone. They aren't quite as loud as the stingers which were to loud for me.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Try Bassani http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...mp;category=90
Old 12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

see mod list
Old 12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Whoever does your tune (i.e., Brent at Brenspeed) can turn off your O2 sensors so you don't get the CEL.

BTW, get Borla stingers. They are hands down the best sounding exhaust, and they sound nothing like stock. JBA and Flowmaster....those are the ones that sound closest to stock.
JBA and flowmaster sound closest to stock???? I have a full JBA system w/ LT's and get thumbs up out the window from guys in cars 3-4 cars front/behind me . JBA's sound freaking awesome with the right setup (LT's, high flow or no cats).
Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: onederful100

um no, o/r prochamber and stock h pipe are not going to work with LTs
you are right again. i was typing faster than i was thinking. [sm=sorry.gif]
Old 12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

I got Pypes o/r X with Pypes Violator axle backs and love them. Loud when i get on it!! check out youtube for diff. ideas. Here are my videos

http://youtube.com/profile?user=unionstud8723

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Jbrandt22
1st Gear Member

JBA and flowmaster sound closest to stock???? I have a full JBA system w/ LT's and get thumbs up out the window from guys in cars 3-4 cars front/behind me . JBA's sound freaking awesome with the right setup (LT's, high flow or no cats).

You're system is catted correct? Making it emissions legal??? Thus far it looks like you're setup is really what I'm aiming for.. Basically I want to be able to pass somebody on the highway and have them just hear my car and be like "damnn"

Old 12-19-2007, 11:39 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

I'm going to get LTs someday and actually hope it gets a little louder. I'd say listen to the different exhaust clips and try to find some to listen to in person, maybe even take a ride to see how it sounds inside the car. What sounds good to one person is crap to another. I haven't regretted getting my Loudmouths yet but I like setting off car alarms.

Quick Reply: Loudest, Best sounding Exhaust system?