Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

honored warranty!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

Default honored warranty!

the sales person talked to the shop people at the dealership today and he said that as long as they install the aftermarket parts..the car WILL remain under warranty..I told him I wanted it in writing lol.

I really hope it's the real deal because I have a good list of mods I want done by mid 08..this is a real bonus because now it's like whatever goes lol...just as long as whatever I have installed doesn't cause any mechanical failure to related parts[:'(]...
Old 12-21-2007, 05:43 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: honored warranty!

Well I heard that just as long as the aftermarket part isn't the direct cause of the problem, they will still honor the warranty of any part failure. This is regardless to who installs the aftermarket part etc. I'm kind of skeptical on that one still, so whenever I get services, I try to remove and go back to stock on some of the parts I installed that I think they might raise an eyebrow over.

Anyhow that sounds like a good setup from your dealership! I live close by an "extreme" ford dealership where they install EVERYTHING aftermarket you'd want from lift kits, drop kits, exhausts, rims, glass roofs for stangs, new aftermarket spoilers, striping, just about anything etc etc. LMAO I was wanting to ask them if just about everything included superchargers and turbos.

I haven't asked them about warranty etc. on those things yet though, but the dealership that runs it is where I bought my car!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:01 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: xyster

Well I heard that just as long as the aftermarket part isn't the direct cause of the problem, they will still honor the warranty of any part failure. This is regardless to who installs the aftermarket part etc. I'm kind of skeptical on that one still, so whenever I get services, I try to remove and go back to stock on some of the parts I installed that I think they might raise an eyebrow over.

Anyhow that sounds like a good setup from your dealership! I live close by an "extreme" ford dealership where they install EVERYTHING aftermarket you'd want from lift kits, drop kits, exhausts, rims, glass roofs for stangs, new aftermarket spoilers, striping, just about anything etc etc. LMAO I was wanting to ask them if just about everything included superchargers and turbos.

I haven't asked them about warranty etc. on those things yet though, but the dealership that runs it is where I bought my car!
This is more the truth. They can't void your a/c just becuase you put a new suspension on.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:24 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

What happens when you have problems while traveling and the "new" dealer doesn't like your mods. If your that worried about your warranty, don't mod.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:56 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

They say they'll honor warranty if it doesnt cause the damage to the other part, but you can rest assured that they will find a way to relate every failure to aftermarket parts.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:05 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

+1
in writing from Ford....
Old 12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Ford pays for your warranty repairs, not the dealer, so I wouldn't trust the word of a particular dealer. If you're worried about warranty, have the dealer install the FRPP kits which preserve the factory warranty and are supported by Ford. Otherwise save some $$ and install the parts yourself.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:36 AM
SWIFT05

Yea they always say that but no matter what they will snake thier way into some obscure reason why that part had to do with the failure of that part so watch yourself!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Jones Ford in North Charleston has honored by warranty so far and it's an extended warranty. Their is this thing call the moss law? That is in place to protect you from the silly trivial b.s.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:12 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Put 20' in rims on your Chrysler and watch them void your warranty, because you did not use their 20' rims[:'(].

Its all up to the service manager and writer as to how to word the claim to Ford and send digital images.

Quick Reply: honored warranty!