Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGW Shifter Knob

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Default MGW Shifter ****

Happy Friday!

I'm looking at purchasing the MGW short throw and debated getting one of their shifter ***** along with it. I like that they have the 12mm threading so that I can have the option of using either that, or returning to the stock **** if I so desire.

That having been said, does anyone have one of these *****? How do the feel? Is it an improvement over stock? Do you have the "GT" emblem, or the shift pattern?

Lastly, does the silver or chrome better match the interior of the car? I'm assuming silver, but wanted to check.

Thanks all!!!
Cheers!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:06 AM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MGW Shifter ****

I have the MGW shift ****

But to be honest it's not my favorite, as I have a hurst shifter that I will be installing soon. I've got small hands and the shift ball is kinda big. It does stay cool in the summer and not too cold in the winter which was a big plus. If you want my MGW shifter, let me know!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Wow.. I think you're the first person I've seen that had an MGW and is swapping it OUT for something else.. :-(

Why don't you like it?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:30 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07MustangGT_girl

I have the MGW shift ****

But to be honest it's not my favorite, as I have a hurst shifter that I will be installing soon. I've got small hands and the shift ball is kinda big. It does stay cool in the summer and not too cold in the winter which was a big plus. If you want my MGW shifter, let me know!
PM sent
Old 12-21-2007, 08:31 AM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

Well I know that I would LOVE the actual MGW short throw shifter, just from all the great reviews on here...But I've got just the shift ****, not the actual shifter. I think if I understand correctly, Fenderparrothead (nice name by the way!) has already decided on the short throw shifter but is undecided on getting the **** for it.

I've got the ****--it is great quality no doubt but just not the one for me. I prefer the Hurst **** and I've just purchased the Hurst short throw shifter (hasn't been installed yet).
Old 12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I have the MGW gripper and love it. But, they also just came out with these, which are quite nice as well.....

Old 12-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

I'm getting this one in the mail soon:

[IMG]local://upfiles/46993/F6E7252BE190443DB86FF69E477B1217.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07MustangGT_girl

Well I know that I would LOVE the actual MGW short throw shifter, just from all the great reviews on here...But I've got just the shift ****, not the actual shifter. I think if I understand correctly, Fenderparrothead (nice name by the way!) has already decided on the short throw shifter but is undecided on getting the **** for it.

I've got the ****--it is great quality no doubt but just not the one for me. I prefer the Hurst **** and I've just purchased the Hurst short throw shifter (hasn't been installed yet).
Oh..... My mistake. I thought you ahd the whole shifter. I was gonna say.. That would be the first time I've heard of someone taking an MGW OUT.. LOL

But the shift ball, yeah, I'm not sure I'm too keen on that one. I actually opted to keep my stock **** with the MGW shifter. Sneaky sneaky!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Love the skull thing. I have skull tire valve stems and skull locking pins on the door.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I'm not particularly crazy about thelooks ofour standard shift **** but it has a good grip that I think the others can offer.

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter Knob