Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windveil now vs. Redfire to order

Old 03-16-2005, 02:11 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Default Windveil now vs. Redfire to order

Question:

A windveil blue GT will be here today that the dealership put my name on when it fell through for somebody else. I was thinking of ordering the Redfire GT (#1 choice), but it will take 8-12 weeks and cost MSRP. The windveil blue (#2 choice - distant) will be $1500 under MSRP with same options except leather will be graphite vs. dark charcoal.

What do people think of the graphite interior?
What do people think of going with the windveil or ordering and waiting and paying more?

Could someone photoshop the Roush hood scoop and spoiler onto a windveil blue GT and post it as one of the main problems I have with the blue is that it does not look as mean as the Redfire?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
Old 03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
turboc

Default RE: Windveil now vs. Redfire to order

If you like the color and the car has the options you want, I say go for the Windveil. Especially considering that your are getting a decent amount off MSRP. I wouldn't trust any anticipated wait times or expect delivery of a car this model year. There are way too many outstanding orders to give realistic wait times.

That being said, don't settle just for the sake of setttling if you will be kicking yourself about the decision later. Clear as mud now isn't it.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:49 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

Exactly what he said, don't settle if it's not exactly what you want.

They say that, statistically, red cars get pulled over the most often and the dark charcoal interior will get hot in the summer. But if you want the red then don't let your anticipation throw you off and make you get one you won't really be as happy with.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:59 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

I am itching for the 05 GT and think that either color would be cool, but I really do like the redfire. I am guessing that I will just have to order the dang thing. Who knows? I might go look at the car and feel as though I can't pass it up. Struggling here...
Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

I suggest you have them clean up the Windveil one and go take a look at it. I know people say when spending that much money make sure you get what you want. In the grand scheme of things those 9-12 weeks or whatever is hardly a blimp on the radar in comparison to the years you will have the car most likely. It could be worth the wait but that is up to you. Alot of people will realize that the color of the car is NOT the most important thing, price and such might be. Also they should come down on the price for the red one as well to match. If they don't consider this, 1500 saved, you can take it from your downpayment and most likely have a fairely decent custom paintjob done to the car for that money. You would get the car now and maybe lose a week with it in the shop for painting but you could choose that time.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Personally, I'd wait and get exactly what I wanted, so I wouldn't be disappointed 4-5 years from now. If it makes any difference to you, I've seen a few of those windveil blue ones around, but have not seen a single redfire yet.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:09 PM
ravenblack67

I have a Redfire and I love it. In my mind, the color was more important.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

I like the Redfire a lot along with that Sonic Blue? and Black always looks good (clean or wet).
I got the Legend Lime because everyone around me was hatin' on it. I figured that may mean not many people will buy in this color which will make my car a little rare...especially if it's a 2005 only color option. It's also a Mustang only color...didn't like the thought of pulling up next to a Taurus in the same color as my GT. I think there are 2-3 other Mustang only colors...white, yellow, and...??
Old 03-16-2005, 05:24 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

I think that you should go look at the car-- you may see it and fall in love, or you may hate it. Give the lil pony a chance before you let her go, because we all know she'll be sold really fast.

Also, if it were between those two for me, I'd rather have something rare. Everyone and their mom is buying the red ones, and it's getting kinda boring to see all the red's out there. If you have your heart set on red, go for it all the way-- it's your money and your idea. But, if color isn't a huge option here, go with something that not a lot of people have.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

GWFoos... go look at it and see how you react to it! If you think it looks good (and graphite with that color would look great) take the $1,500 in savings.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windveil now vs. Redfire to order