Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Mustang GT Buzz In Door Panels from Woofers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:15 PM
mustgtguy

Default 2008 Mustang GT Buzz In Door Panels from Woofers

Does anyone get the annoying door panel buzzing from the Shaker 1000/500 woofers in the doors.....DRIVING ME CRAZY!
It happens mostly from voices on news radio. It is not that the speakers are bad, it is just that the trim pieces buzz.
I think most of it comes from the power window switches, because if you pull up on them when it's "buzzing", most of the noise seems to stop. I had the dealer install some sound deadening tape under the switches, but it didn't help.
Any other suggestions???
Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 AM
yachtzap

Default Me Too and Solved

Yeah, I had exactly the same buzz, but not from the door switch. Turns out that I used to throw change in the door pocket. the buzz got much better when I removed it but was still there. I took the door panel off and found that some change was still trapped inside and sliding back and forth.
I could not figure out how to disassemble further, but in the process of turning the panel round and round, the change fell out. Does anyone know how to take the lower section of the panel apart after disassembly?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I am getting that same buzz, and yes, it's mostly noticeable when I'm listening to AM news radio.
One of about 6 issues that I need to let the service techs try to fix!
Will check the switch the next time it happens to see if that's where it's coming from.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

The little square trim piece directly behind the handle was vibrating on my car under heavy bass and bumps in the road. I wedged a nickle in the gap between it and the rest of the door panel, and it works perfectly.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
red07gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
The little square trim piece directly behind the handle was vibrating on my car under heavy bass and bumps in the road. I wedged a nickle in the gap between it and the rest of the door panel, and it works perfectly.
Yep...had the same problem here. I placed some black electrical tape in a loop on the back of the trim piece and reinstalled it (both doors)....problem solved!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

^ Mines doing that too. I'll have to give the electrical tape a try!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I have something in the trunk vibrating like frichen crazy but I can't figure it out exactly. It's very metallic sounding, and seems to be coming from behind the subs. Any tips?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

took mine in for random warranty service stuff recently, and i had this issue

apparently (according to the guy that was doing the paperwork) there's a TSB for this
Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustgtguy
Does anyone get the annoying door panel buzzing from the Shaker 1000/500 woofers in the doors.....DRIVING ME CRAZY!
It happens mostly from voices on news radio. It is not that the speakers are bad, it is just that the trim pieces buzz.
I think most of it comes from the power window switches, because if you pull up on them when it's "buzzing", most of the noise seems to stop. I had the dealer install some sound deadening tape under the switches, but it didn't help.
Any other suggestions???
Check out the TSB Maybe where the door and the pillar and dash meet??
Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
rccollins

Originally Posted by mustgtguy
Any other suggestions???
Exactly the same problem here...

Quick Reply: 2008 Mustang GT Buzz In Door Panels from Woofers