Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do we love so much to mod our mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why do we love so much to mod our mustangs?

haha -- Thanks for the compliment! Well they would def ignor mine if we open the hoods -- I'm basically full bolt-on but no where close the power your pushing... your interior looks comfy to me ... if i'm the driver [8D]

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

Caution

Remind me not to park next to your mustang at a car show. Noone would give mine a second look. Gasp.... Still with those tinted windows can't see inside, maybe my interior is nicer and more comfortable than yours?

Old 12-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

i'm spending more money in my girl, then in my car even though i want it to be the other way. someday i will regret it i know
Old 12-24-2007, 07:41 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

My young lady is so into what I'm doing with mods etc. that she's even happy without a seat. Look I found picture to prove it.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tri C

I will follow this thread with interest because it has always baffled me why folks spend money to devalue their cars.
Devaluing is in the eye of the beholder, and there are more ways to measure automotive value than simply its blindfoldedcash value on some cold list of financial assets.

One thing is individuality. Ever been in scouting where everybody wears the same uniform? If so, you couldn't help but notice the guy with the loads of merit badges more than the guy whose shirt was 'bald'. Any female readers will certainly identify with what happens if they show up to some dressy affair - and there's another woman in attendance who's wearing the very same outfit.

Another is having something built to perform slightly better in some way than what the factory produced (but probably could have at minimal incremental cost). That's particularly true if the parts selection and installation was done entirely or almost so by the owner. There's plenty of 'satisfaction value' in creating a car that performs in excess of what is expected.

Or you simply enjoy doing whatever modifications. I don't think you can put a money value on the emotional/happiness factor.

Norm
Old 12-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

Everybody needs a hobby, mine is my mustang!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:04 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

To make it personal. Our cars are an extension of ourselves whether itappearance or performance. Most of my mods are performance and they are not the most power added mods either. The same for appearance. My car is lowered and have window louvers. That basically all I want on the exterior with maybe the exception of a chin spoiler. I'm adding chrome accents to the interior as well. Basically, my car is a sleeper and that what I'm going for.

My car reflects me.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:11 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tri C

I will follow this thread with interest because it has always baffled me why folks spend money to devalue their cars.
this dude also drives a minivan and an MR2. nothing wrong w/ an MR2 or a mini van for that matter, but you ever see a stock GT in a mustang magazine? all of us mod our stangs to make them better, or something above stock, either faster, look better, sound better. i didnt buy this car for an investment, that's what the stock market is for. people compliment me on what i changed in the car, not the parts I kept stock. so I hope you do keep an eye on this thread, bc you just might learn something.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:39 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

+1
Old 12-24-2007, 10:57 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Well cool thread, save for the fact you ask why someone would mod a 6'er. WHo cares what you have or mod, its in the eye of the beholder!
I mod my 6'er because I can, its my hobby and it makes my car unique!
I have window louvers and chrome rims, so does that make me a bad person? The car was the one I could afford at the time and its what I bought!
Hell I won an award at a National show against some of the nicest cars I've seen, it was a huge accomplishment IMO and an honor. It was a modded S197 bracket 6's and 8's!

I live in Dearborn Michigan and unlike some places there are a MILLION Mustangs here! I did what I did to make my car different and it worked. Now as I move on to my next S197 I look forward to it being better than my current car, this will be my 6 Mustang and the V6 was my fastest best looking handeling Mustang I've owned, the rest were V8's!

Oh BTW it'll be mine, so it really shouldn't matter what I do with it to you!

No offense taken on the V6 backhanded comment, sometimes you just excuse ignorance.....its bliss!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:12 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Yes some of us do mod6'ers

Quick Reply: Why do we love so much to mod our mustangs?