Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet grille installation instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 02:05 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Default Billet grille installation instructions?

I was wondering if anyone knows where there are some instructions to get the factory grille out. I am sure its not that hard but I figured I would look at it before I dug into it. Thank you.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:17 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Billet grille installation instructions?

So according to these, you need to remove the front bumper cover. But I am sure I have seen a thread that shows removing the stock grille without removing the bumper cover....Anyone?? Need to know myself....Also, what about the lower grille...Can't seem to find a PDF on that one......

Thanks.....

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...oval-grill.pdf

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...t%20bumper.pdf
Old 12-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i would assume the GT grill is in the same way as V6 even though they are different sizes, if so theres no reason to take the entire bumper cover off, pop the hood and take that black cove off the top of the grill, and take the 2 bolts off top of the bumper cover between the headlights and grill to allow more flex, use a flat head screw driver and pry the tabs out until you feel like stabbing yourself in the head with the screwdriver, because if yours ends up like mine, it will be a bitch to get out, especailly if you have fogs, since they will more than likly be right over 2 of the tabs, be forcefull but within reason.

as for the lower grill, i just layed on the ground under neath and pry'd the tabs off, that was is way easier, same tabs as the top but only 3 and easy to get to
Old 12-25-2007, 07:53 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

pry the tabs out until you feel like stabbing yourself in the head with the screwdriver, because if yours ends up like mine, it will be a bitch to get out, especailly if you have fogs, since they will more than likly be right over 2 of the tabs, be forcefull but within reason.
Now there's a step to look forward to.....LOL.... Thanks for the info. Probably give it a shot tomorrow, if the wind stops.....

Thx,
Mike