Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHAKER RADIO FIX FINALLY IN - TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:28 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SHAKER RADIO FIX FINALLY IN - TSB

Here is some that came out on the Blue Oval News web site:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/adv...er.18mar05.htm
Old 03-18-2005, 02:16 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

lol. wow... did they really JUST post this, i have know about this ever since the focus' started having problems with their stereos. Then again, i work for ford.
WOW, YES! Finally an OFFICAL TSB No matter when you think you knew, This Finally shows that FORD now Recognizes the issue and we can stop hearing all the bull $hit from the dealers saying it's OUR CD's! Maybe YOU should start writing TSB's for FORD. We'd get things fixed quicker!

ORIGINAL: scootsbrew

This was posted elsewhere but the first step is to determine which verison of the radio you have. There is an 'A' version and a 'B' version. You can determine that by running a self test on the radio. Put the radio in AM/FM mode and hold the 3 and 6 buttons in and the test will begin. About 2/3rds of the way through it will give you a series of numbers and letters, the last letter will eithe be an 'a' or 'b'. If you've got an 'A' radio, the radio needs to be replaced. This is the version that has the skipping/bad disc issues.

If you've got a B version and you run the self test the last thing it will do is called SELF TEST. It will report either TEST FAILED or TEST PASSED. If it shows TEST FAILED it will show a code after it (I believe it is usually B2477). This is where mine is at. The car must be reprogrammed. They do this by getting your build date and VIN and basically reload everything so it properly recognizes the new radio.

I apologize if this is rehashing it again but just thought it might help.
Yes, I know all the A/B stuff. There is also a G version (mine) the 1st gen of these headunits. Mine passes all test. But at least NOW, Ford dealer's can't just tell me it's my home-made cd's causing the issue.

Dave...
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

Dave,

That's the first I've heard of a "g" version. It's interesting your dealer was giving you a hard time about your homemade cd's. Mine never gave me any issues about that. I think they were a little more embarrased that I knew more about the radio than they did. I actually got an apology from the Service Manager because they didn't know about the differing versions of the radio or that there was a TSB out there or how to run the self test.

I never got the feeling they were skirting the issue I've always felt they wanted to get it right but just didn't know how.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
rhein
1st Gear Member

Anybody know if there is a J version of the headunit? I ran the self test in mine today and it shows a J in the last position. - I'm getting random skips on some brand new CD's (Not homemade)....

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Thanks.
Rick
Old 04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

dumb question; then is the "skipper 500" feature only an issue on 2005's, and not on the 2006's?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:41 AM
katfishkh

ok, forgive me, i cannot for the life of me find where to start a new topic!!

anyways....
HELP!!!

We traded our 05 v6 for a 06 gt convertable this past week. I know the shaker 500 gets a thumbs down, but we never had an issue in the 05. due to the sale and limited color choice, wife wanted windveil blue, we bought one that did not have premium sound. So now the issue is, we were ok with the sound in the 05 V6, so what do we put in that would be comparable??

thanks loads

K and M
Old 09-09-2006, 03:44 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Shaker 1000 in my car (not my choice, it came from the dealer that way). Great system for my use. Build date for the car was 10/2005. The last prefix was definitely a "D", I double checked to be sure.

I've only had one hickup with the unit. If I burn an MP3 CD it will work perfectly, no skips, nothing, flawless. However, if I take the same CD and try to add an extra song after I've already burned it, which I shouldn't be doing anyway, then it will reject the CD. No problem, if I want to make changes to a CD, then I just burn a completely new one.

As far as stock vs. aftermarket, that's an interesting debate. Many of us get the 500 or 1000 because that's what was in it from the dealer and/or the cost of the stereo is folded into a 60 month loan.

If I was really into car audio, then I'm sure it would be gone by now. Still, it's hard for me to spend the money on stereo equipment when there are so many peformance upgrades that can be had for the same amount.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:08 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Some dont have a choice, the premium mustangs automatically come with the shaker 500, if i had my choice they could take the cost of the sytem off my tab and keep the whole thing so i can put in my own. But of course you do not get that choice.

ORIGINAL: Quatrocky

not to sound like a jerk, why do people pay extra $ for the sterio systems in your cars from factory. You can easily get an aftermarket head unit and speakers for better quality and price... if i got a new car i would get a crappy stock cd player and just get an aftermarket one my self. it would save you alot of money, and space in the trunk especially if you have the 1000. i hear its not even worth it. i do love the 05s though.