Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHAKER RADIO FIX FINALLY IN - TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:36 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Default SHAKER RADIO FIX FINALLY IN - TSB

Finally

TSB 05-06-09
Publication Date March 15, 2005
FORD:
2005 Five Hundred, Focus, Freestyle, Mustang, F-150MERCURY:
2005 Montego

ISSUE:

Some 2005 Freestyle, Five Hundred/Montego vehicles built 5/17/2004 through 2/24/2005, and 2005 Mustang, Focus, F-150 vehicles, all vehicles equipped with a single or 6 disk CD player with MP3 capability, may exhibit one or more of the following intermittent CD player concerns.
CD player skips
Locks up when playing homemade CDs
Displays "Error" or "Bad Disc"
Will not accept CDs
CD inoperative or inconsistent playability of some CDRs.

ACTION:

Replace CD player with latest service level through your facing audio service center. When replacing the audio unit (radio) on 2005 Freestyle, Five Hundred, Montego and Mustang vehicles it is necessary to perform programmable module installation (PMI) prior to removal of the old audio unit. This information must be uploaded into the new audio unit once installed. Failure to perform PMI on the new audio unit may result in inoperative backlighting and/or diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B2477. If communication cannot be established with old audio unit to download this information, as built data will need to be used. As built data can be obtained at the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website or at www.motorcraft.com. For additional information, refer Workshop Manual Section 415-01 and 418-01.

PART NUMBERPART NAME-18806-Audio Unit

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

Go see your dealer...
Dave...
Old 03-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SHAKER RADIO FIX FINALLY IN - TSB

They reprogramed mine and it still skips. This morning while I was at ford for different business they told me to call 1-800 -392-3673 and let them hear about the radio/c.d. player.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:57 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Dave, sent you a PM on this.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:10 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

They reprogramed mine and it still skips.
Make them REPLACE IT. Not just re-program it![:@]

Dave...
Old 03-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I hate to sound like butt crumb but I have had it replaced once and then had it later reprogrammed unless this is another program.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Quatrocky
2nd Gear Member

not to sound like a jerk, why do people pay extra $ for the sterio systems in your cars from factory. You can easily get an aftermarket head unit and speakers for better quality and price... if i got a new car i would get a crappy stock cd player and just get an aftermarket one my self. it would save you alot of money, and space in the trunk especially if you have the 1000. i hear its not even worth it. i do love the 05s though.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

lol. wow... did they really JUST post this, i have know about this ever since the focus' started having problems with their stereos. Then again, i work for ford.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Thats a sweet ride Quatrocky
ORIGINAL: Quatrocky

not to sound like a jerk, why do people pay extra $ for the sterio systems in your cars from factory. You can easily get an aftermarket head unit and speakers for better quality and price... if i got a new car i would get a crappy stock cd player and just get an aftermarket one my self. it would save you alot of money, and space in the trunk especially if you have the 1000. i hear its not even worth it. i do love the 05s though.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:37 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i've never had a single problem with my shaker 1000 and all i use is burnt cd's that i create mostly mp3's in data format
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

This was posted elsewhere but the first step is to determine which verison of the radio you have. There is an 'A' version and a 'B' version. You can determine that by running a self test on the radio. Put the radio in AM/FM mode and hold the 3 and 6 buttons in and the test will begin. About 2/3rds of the way through it will give you a series of numbers and letters, the last letter will eithe be an 'a' or 'b'. If you've got an 'A' radio, the radio needs to be replaced. This is the version that has the skipping/bad disc issues.

If you've got a B version and you run the self test the last thing it will do is called SELF TEST. It will report either TEST FAILED or TEST PASSED. If it shows TEST FAILED it will show a code after it (I believe it is usually B2477). This is where mine is at. The car must be reprogrammed. They do this by getting your build date and VIN and basically reload everything so it properly recognizes the new radio.

I apologize if this is rehashing it again but just thought it might help.

Quick Reply: SHAKER RADIO FIX FINALLY IN - TSB