Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I'm in the Ford place lookin at the roush...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:01 PM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

Default So I'm in the Ford place lookin at the roush...

Ok, I was up at ford place in midwest city. It's the only roush/steeda certified dealer in oklahoma. I was talking to the guy, asking him if he knew when there would be some good performance parts for my v6. He informed me that he wasn't sure of any products for the near future. He could tell I was anxious to get away from my v6 performance limits...lol..He busted out a fordracing catalog. He suggested I get the 03 Cobra engine for 10k ready to be dropped in. I would need a new transmission and all to handle the power. But we were looking at the various engines, and I asked about the Mach 1 engine. It's only $5800 for an 03 Mach 1 engine. So we got to talking about that and now I am seriously considering a second job to pay for a Mach 1 engine, a tremec tranny, and a Roush sport package. Some various bolt-ons to! I could consider going in debt for years, and take out a loan and pay it back over a really long time!!! I have been thinking about this alot the last few days. The black Roush they had up there was beautiful!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:08 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: So I'm in the Ford place lookin at the roush...

Be cheaper to buy an 03/04 GT, or even get a Mach 1 or Cobra. Those can be financed, plus it comes with the better stuff for the drivetrain and all. *IF* I were to save up money for an upgrade, I'd get the other vehicle...I would not work on upgrading a V6 that much.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:11 PM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

Keep in mind that I have already purchased the 05 and am already making payments on it. So can't. Plus I could have got an 04 Gt, but I like the new styling too much. Also, I am 17, and I couldn't afford insurance on any of those vehicles. So this is the about the only option I have for fast ride.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:16 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Understood. I am of the opinion, that as a 17 y/o, with a '05 V6 - be happy with it. Make it look pretty, maybe rig some nitrous and so forth. With a power adder, you can get some mean HP for fairly inexpensive.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

Well thats the thing, I love the car, but the v6 doesn't satisfy me. I want more. Im prefer superchargers over nos though. And power adders where the HP is always there, unlike nitrous. My insurance on a v6 is 2k every 6 months. Never had a wreck, or a single ticket. It's rediculous. So imagine any other mustang. If I were to drop in the Mach 1, add the roush kit, and do other doo dads then I should have a car that gives me the power I want, without the insurance costs.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
jeepmen

4K a year? Holy Shlt! Sorry to hear that.

Jeepmen

ORIGINAL: MrAWatts

Well thats the thing, I love the car, but the v6 doesn't satisfy me. I want more. Im prefer superchargers over nos though. And power adders where the HP is always there, unlike nitrous. My insurance on a v6 is 2k every 6 months. Never had a wreck, or a single ticket. It's rediculous. So imagine any other mustang. If I were to drop in the Mach 1, add the roush kit, and do other doo dads then I should have a car that gives me the power I want, without the insurance costs.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jeepmen

4K a year? Holy Shlt! Sorry to hear that.

Jeepmen

I'm 17 with an 05 GT and 3 other cars on the policy and mine is about 4k a year too.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:36 PM
MMike

Surely dropping in a new engine would also pump up your premium? still be cheaper to sell and buy a GT, not to mention getting money back on an engine upgrade might not be possible?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:45 PM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

Crap! I remember when I was on high risk insurance when I was 18 (12 years ago) I paid about $1200 the first 6 months but it went down every single time from then on. Now I pay $67/mo for the 05 GT. I was paying $64/mo for my 04 SRT-4 so it didn't even really go up considering the car is worth much more and newer.

Hell I pay $143/mo to insure my house, diamond ring, 95 dodge 4x4 ram, and my 05 GT. That works out to about $1700 for everything for the whole year.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:25 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Cobra engine. Theres a cobra engine. There used to be one at jegs with the tranny and everything but I can't find it. You might wanna give them a call though. Good luck. And 10 grand for a cobra engine. Yea right.

Quick Reply: So I'm in the Ford place lookin at the roush...