Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do Civics think they will win?

Old 03-18-2005, 03:57 PM
crawz
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Why do Civics think they will win?

I bet some think that the Altezzas add at LEAST 30HP and Emblems, oh dont even get me started, 50 at least!
Old 03-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: nanaki

my favorite thing to do is when they try the flyby, you drop it down again and floor it. shutting down the flyby is the ultimate slap in the face. sometimes after a shutdown, they'll be getting off at an exit just to avoid you.

it sux. my step-brother is a ricer. he has an integra and thinks it's fast. he has riced out body mods on it & a fart can. he's getting his intake soon he said though. he says he can take my stang. he doesn't say that anymore. i took him with ease with just my catback modded.
There was a guy/girl once in a newer celica that was trying to catch up to me on a pretty desered stretch of highway until we got to an uphill (pretty steep). They dogged out on the uphill and must have had NOS because on the down hill with a good distance on him he caught up to me and went flying by, funny thing was when his shot ran out on level ground. I caught up to him pretty quick and proceeded to pass him. My exit was after a wide sweeping turn so he didn't have a chance to use the NOS again. I'm sure he told his buddies he beat a Mustang but left out the part about it being on a downhill with NOS and the aftermath.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:12 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: panapower

ORIGINAL: crawz

Why is it that whenever I stop at a red light next to a "souped up" civic with "altezza lights" and a "high flow muffler" they think that they have a chance in a race and actually try? Honestly, are they just stupid or do they think they will actually win? I do not understand their logic.

I'm sure you guys will have fun with this topic.

Please, someone out there help me see the light on this one.

[sm=wtf.gif]

its called, they got nothing to lose.

Ok, hi. I'm a ricer with a '95 Altima and if you line up with me at a redlight. I will be on the gas trying my damndest to keep up with you. I am not stupid I know very well that you will likely beat me. So why do I do it? Simple, I personally respect your cars and admire them. I think they are beautiful pieces of machinery which have the ability to get up and go quickly. I am a car enthusiast who enjoys seeing a car get up and go. I will race you simply to see your car annihalate me.

I have a question if you pulled up next to me would you see me as a ricer? my 1995 Altima has Z3 fenders a front lip, no rear spoiler, it is lowered with 17" wheels and a twin tip muffler (NOT dual exhaust). What you don't see is my intake, and ACT S/S clutch. I realize these aren't big power adders but consider this, I have spent $150 more on the car than was necessary. My front lip is flashy and it cost me $100, my intake was not necessary and was an E-Bay intake because trust me they make no noticable difference going with a brand name on my car. My exhaust fell apart so I replaced it with a custom cat-back which cost less than the factory exhaust, saved about $150. My clutch was shot so I replaced it with an ACT S/S which cost exactly as much as the OEM Nissan clutch. I replaced my springs and when I did that I realized that one of my springs was actually broken in two, 2 of my struts were blown. I replaced all 4 springs and struts for $340 (a great deal also found on ebay, not no-name brands either Sprint and Spring Tech. not top of the line but Sprint is respected in the import scene). So, am I a ricer? I actually race and am concerned with straight line speed and power. My car is underestimated and fit my budget and personality this is why I chose it.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
crawz
1st Gear Member

Hate to kill your moment of expression...but this thread was about Civics.

"RE: Why do Civics think they will win?"
Old 03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Ok I own a '95 Civic.. same thing. Doesn't make a difference it's a 4 cylinder rice mobile that is laughed at as much as civics. I'm definetely not in a different boat. I don't take offense I'm just letting you know that maybe thats what they're doing.. i have many civic owner friends with the same outlook.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

I do the same thing in my Focus. I like seeing fast cars get up and go fast!!! I can't stand someone in a muscle car that never uses the thing. Sometimes you do win legitamately too against bigger power cars..racing isn't all about power, the driver plays a key role in winning (ie. goofball who spun his tires...that import deserved to win and did so fairly). I don't like riced out cars though. My only mods...

Intake, Header to tip Exhaust, Cams, Adjustable Cam gears (dyno tuned), Widest tires possible on stock wheels (whopping 210mm)

I only did my mods really because I'm a car enthusiast, I wanted to work on yet another engine since it is available to me to do so, and in a small way, I wanted ricers to get to like my tail lights.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:08 PM
crawz
1st Gear Member

Haha don't get me wrong guys, I'm not a civic hater. Just think it's halarious when a neon advertisement board pulls up to you with a fart can and tries to race ya with mostly stock engine mods. Funny thing is, before my mustang I owned a 99 SEDAN civic and ONLY did engine mods...it was pretty pointless. Only gained 15 or so HP. This is such a nice change.

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

i once raced a newer srt4 from a red light, in my winter mobile 89 jeep yj. and took him til 3rd gear. my jeep is the slowest POS ever, had 92 horsepower from factory so probably down to 80 now. but they come with 4:10 gears and 4 wheel drive = ultimate launch.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

I think sicride has the most plausible reason as to why a Civic would roll up and provoke a challenge on a V8 pony.

The only other reason I can think of is the Civic driver is taking a chance that the Pony driver sucks and can simply outdrive him.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

why u let them get to you for? See if you let them **** you off its just as bad as them beating you... Just dont let them get to you. They have to make their cars look 'cool" cuz their slow.. so yeah dont take it so personal and get butt hurt about it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do Civics think they will win?