Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels Maufactured in China or Japan???

Old 12-31-2007, 09:07 PM
TMLFAN
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wheels Maufactured in China or Japan???

Sorry to start a bad thread. The SVT wheels that I am considering are made in America so I might go with them, I was also considering American Racing. Please lets not argue, this is an awsome site. Then again I did ask what you all thought.

Cheers, Mike and Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

You by no means started a bad thread, and I think everyone gave their honest opinions even though me and others took it a little further. Good luck on your wheel choice. Cheers!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:22 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Everything is made in China and if its not, it will be made in a near future.[:@]
Old 12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

Random question tho, does china have ANYTHING but human resources?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

This is a good thread.
I don't mind buying Chinese wheels if they're good quality.

As far as politics... Hate to break it to the capitalism haters but I don't think Chrysler went to Germany because of a sudden opportunity there. It's tax burden, witch is tied directly to politics.

I say get rid of the Unions and bring about The Fair Tax, thenyou'll see this Country dusting everybody else on the planet on the economic level for good. JMO
Old 12-31-2007, 09:38 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

I dont know anything about this fair tax stuff so I'll research it, nothing about hating capitilism either...just the point that it is a viscous circle of who can get the cheaper goods. If I recall, chrysler went to germany because they went bankrupt and Daimler-Benz bought them out, but who cares bout that lol:P....Just a word about unions. Unions prevent extreme manipulation by big business. If we wouldnt have Unions we would be exactly like China...granted we would be manufacturing everything, but besides that, wages would be terrible and conditions would move back to something like pre-civil war if you let the companies decide. Good thing i am going to med school:P i don't have to worry about that... If only big businesses had the respect of small business, then you could cut unions.

Ugh, I am going waaaaay off topic here sorry guys....
Old 12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I can back up my statements with simple economics but for the sake of the OP I will not. These arguments amaze me though, the hostility and the "one way views" I don't claim to be 100% correct but I assure you all I'm not wrong either

Steeda makes a great made in America product
Old 12-31-2007, 09:45 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

I just read about fair tax I didnt know you meant that, omfg, dont even get me started, that would fail in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many ways.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:48 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

I can back up my statements with simple economics but for the sake of the OP I will not. These arguments amaze me though, the hostility and the "one way views" I don't claim to be 100% correct but I assure you all I'm not wrong either

Steeda makes a great made in America product

I agree, Ultra lights FTW, sorry if I sounded hostile too, but the same could be said for your tone, fight fire with fireFor real tho, get Steeda ultra lights....
Old 12-31-2007, 10:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: kyle2k

I dont know anything about this fair tax stuff so I'll research it, nothing about hating capitilism either...just the point that it is a viscous circle of who can get the cheaper goods. If I recall, chrysler went to germany because they went bankrupt and Daimler-Benz bought them out, but who cares bout that lol:P....Just a word about unions. Unions prevent extreme manipulation by big business. If we wouldnt have Unions we would be exactly like China...granted we would be manufacturing everything, but besides that, wages would be terrible and conditions would move back to something like pre-civil war if you let the companies decide. Good thing i am going to med school:P i don't have to worry about that... If only big businesses had the respect of small business, then you could cut unions.

Ugh, I am going waaaaay off topic here sorry guys....
Your point about the Unions is valid... There isn't an easy answer to all this.
I believe in capitalism without Unions... I work for a big company, they treat me like sh#t, it's bye bye time. Plenty of work in the US.
The purpose of those unions were great at first but they'll always be involved in Politics, that's the nature of the beast.
If you give people an opportunity to control others, they will. And that's when the sh#t hits the fan.

If you wanna learn about the Fair Tax (not the flat tax by the way): Go to Boortz.com or buy the book. Authors, Neal Boortz and John Linder. They came up with that plan.
Anything esle written by someone other than those 2 is not gonna be the real thing.

To be back on topic... I believe that China will be a major player one day and will make better products.
Right now, their screw drivers suck but their wheels are OK seems like.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheels Maufactured in China or Japan???