Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many people hear this when getting new mods..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

Default how many people hear this when getting new mods..

my father is the one who does this to me, he used to own an 05 or 06(cant remember) screaming yellow V6, but it just wasnt practical for him so he traded it in about a year or so later...so when i told him i wanted to buy a stang he wanted to go with me to the dealership, so he could drive one as well and help me pick out a nice one, he goes on and on about they are "perfect the way they come from the factory" and is always saying "dont go ruining that car" when i talk about mods im considering.

but so far,with the things i have done(grill,splitters,louvers,tint), when he finally see's it the response is always the same "ohhh wow i like that".

so i was just wodnering if anyone esle has to deal with the same thing from thier family/friends..always saying not to do anything blah blah, then of course you do it anyway, and they always end up loving it
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: how many people hear this when getting new mods..

Im 26 and moved out on my own, and I still hear it every week from my parents. As long as you parents are alive to bug you - they will!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

well im 23, been living on my own since i was 18...but i see my father almost everyday, since i do kinda work for his company[8D]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

im 24, lived by myself since i was 18, and my father wants to help mod my stang as much as i do. he was a hot-rodder back in his day, owned a few mustangs and a dodge demon he modded the hell put of when he was my age.

my mom still thinks im wasting my money, though.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

never once heard that!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:05 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Each time I talk about getting something...or a box comes in the mail the lady says "what now"........and than once I put it on allI get is compliments.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

I hear the same things. I'd really like to get catbacks but all I hear is "that stock exhaust sounds so good."

Eh...I figure if I'm making the monthly payment (I am) then it's mine to do as I please!

~Fletch~
Old 01-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Stangbanger3v
1st Gear Member

im 22 but i dont get nagged my dads kinda into it he used to have a 69 roadrunner so he loves the stroker and s*it but as long as i pay for everything i dont see the point in ne one telling me how to mod my car
Old 01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

your pic just convinced me to get BSM stripes!......they look great on Windveil blue!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

My Dad used to tell me that too when I got my mustang at first. My last car was almost completely modded out and I wanted to do the same to my mustang I told him. He just shook his head and said "You are gonna screw something up, and then what?"

So about 8-10 months later, here we are, with some visual mods done to the interior, the outside, the tune and cai, exhaust, etc. All of it which he saw me doing at first and just stood there saying "do you know what you are doing?" (as he did when I used to work on my last car). Then after it's done, I show him what I have done. His response was always "Wow that looks cool. Reminds me when I was your age, I had to install my own parts on my old GTO etc etc etc" lmao.

My brother that comes over is a different story. "Why do you go and spend $X.xx on new stuff for your car when it was perfectly fine before? It doesn't make you any money, so why do it?" I just look at him and shake my head. This was coming from someone that was the biggest pack rat and tight wad ever lmao!!! I finally convinced him to jump in my car one day and take a drive around. He didn't say anything but just the look on his face when I floored it was enough. He shook his head with a grin. I think I finally made my point.

I love cars, I love my hobbies, I love life... Do what makes you happy just as long as you aren't really hurting anyone (unless they want to be hurt?? lol).

If I didn't spend my money on my car, I'd spend it on another hobby, or maybe a date (but is that a hobby too?). It's my money dangit! LEMME BE!

Quick Reply: how many people hear this when getting new mods..