Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rambling about HID / Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rambling about HID / Angel Eyes

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang
I do have the glare shield (my car is an 06).
That glare shield is not a glare shield for HID's The glare shield for HID make it a distinct cut off line... That will not do that and you will blind others. I could care a less about it being legal or illegal, I am only saying that it is dangerous to other drivers for it is really bright.

I brought up the fact about it being illegal merely cause a lot of people don't realize it and go out and buy a kit and then 2 week or months later they are pissed cause they got at ticket.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Here's some interesting info on HID's & shields...

http://www.suvlights.com/information.php?info_id=32
Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Really, that's all you could come back with? Sounds likes a little school girl... "My illegal tint will protect my eyes from your illegal HIDs!" So you are saying you tinted you windshield? And how could I blind you, I don't have HIDs, so your logic is not the best there.

Nice try, come again.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

That's better...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:08 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang
I do have the glare shield (my car is an 06).
That glare shield is not a glare shield for HID's The glare shield for HID make it a distinct cut off line... That will not do that and you will blind others. I could care a less about it being legal or illegal, I am only saying that it is dangerous to other drivers for it is really bright.

I brought up the fact about it being illegal merely cause a lot of people don't realize it and go out and buy a kit and then 2 week or months later they are pissed cause they got at ticket.
Cut off line or no cut off line, HID's are bright. DOT approval or no DOT approval, HID's are bright. Damn near any factory car equipped with the stupid HID lights blind you whether you're looking at them through your windsheild (BTW, no my windshield is not tinted at all. Would it matter if it was? NO) and they blind you lokking at them in your mirrors.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

So now they are stupid. Im confused with which side of the fence you are on here. Debate by confusion. Nice touch...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

That's better...

Idon't know why, but I like that stupid smiley
Old 01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Old school smileys rule!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

So now they are stupid. Im confused with which side of the fence you are on here. Debate by confusion. Nice touch...
Both.

I personally don't like being blinded when I'm driving. I do like the color, or shade the HID lights give off, but they are too bright.

I wassimply questioning the legallity of other mods compared to the HIDS. I did not realize it was the "output" of the light causing them to be illegal. I just assumed screwing with the lighting is what you were talking about.

This is little off topic but,

I question people with lifted trucks and beadlock wheels all the time. In NV, the lift laws are simple. Lift it high as you want, as long as the bumper is 24" or less off the ground. My Ranger has no lift, and the rear bumper is almost 24" off the ground. How do these people get away with it? Beadlocks are illegal for road use, period. I don't know if there are any DOT approved on the market today, but there wasn't 3-4 years ago (when I last checked).
Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I have wondered sometimes, but as long as it doesn't hurt me I don't care. Not saying that HID's "hurt me" but potentially they can.

Quick Reply: Rambling about HID / Angel Eyes