Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S/C Whipple Mustang (Good read)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:44 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: S/C Whipple Mustang (Good read)

I believe the Whipple is making a 3.4L but doesn't have the right plate adapter right now and Adam at ST motorsports has the 3.4L one on one of his stangs right now (custom adapter he made)....contact sawyer (on this forum) for more details as he is going to do the same thing to his car and his motor is built by Adam as well.

Lidio's plan was to see that with the right tuning how much the stock block could handle and I guess he found it (not all blocks are created equally). I do not know if the meth failed or not but the car is done. I guess from his standpoint he wants to experiment on his ride and pass on the knowledge to others in a much safer tune (maybe to help others with worries that runnning 450+ RWHP will make the motor blow up). I will keep you guys posted this spring and I have no idea what Lidio plans for the future of the cars he owns and tunes. He does build and forge motors in his shop and has extensive knowledge of the 3v motor that ford has been using for a few years now. I see meth in the future for myself as well as a forged internals to be safe and have no worries. If I were rich and could experiment than maybe I would but all my cash spent on my car took a good period of time to make and want saftey over anything esp since I use the car for show first and driving second...it is not a DD and not subjected to the harsh tarffic conditions and hard miles that many others do when they get FI..... JMO J

Oh and if you read any of the other articles he has on his site he had a 05 GT that has a Vortech w/meth inj and stock internals and had 550 RWHP and made it in the high 10's at the track. I know he was trying to do the same with the Whipple /meth injand 20" rims and tires. 2 very differnt types of S/C's and the Vortech was sold after many passes and still runs great today from what he told me...even the trans held up with all those passes and 550 HP.....

ORIGINAL: TJ

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk

^^ I don't see why they wouldn't... Kenne Bell gets or used to get all there twin screws from Whipple, and don't they offer a 2.6?
KB started making thier own twin screws so one would think the 2.6 is thier TS, I believe they maketwo 2.6 models for the S197. One whichruns good(similar to the Whipple 2.3)at 11-12psi and the othermore for a built motor and starting out at 15 psi is perferedon this model.

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

When is this new Whipple coming out? I don't want to go out and order the "old" 2.3 liter if its going to come out before spring. I emailed Whipple......hopefully they respond. It might end up being something like the KB 2.6H model...with higher internal compression.
If your going by what I said in my previous postI have no proof they are coming out with a new TS its just a opinion I formed (2.9L?)from what I am hearing and reading.

I think the Whipple 2.3L caplable of putting a (auto,stock lca's/susp, stock gears, non dr' tire etc)S197 in the11's@ 10-11psi is excellantand would be my choice for a stock SB( for a few reasons imo) if buying now.Also knowing Lidio (Alternative auto) has a meth setup(designed for this system) along the ACT sensor ( for monitoring and tuning)that can be installed (@ install or down the road)is just a bigplus imo.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: S/C Whipple Mustang (Good read)

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I believe the Whipple is making a 3.4L but doesn't have the right plate adapter right now and Adam at ST motorsports has the 3.4L one on one of his stangs right now (custom adapter he made)....contact sawyer (on this forum) for more details as he is going to do the same thing to his car and his motor is built by Adam as well.

Lidio's plan was to see that with the right tuning how much the stock block could handle and I guess he found it (not all blocks are created equally). I do not know if the meth failed or not but the car is done. I guess from his standpoint he wants to experiment on his ride and pass on the knowledge to others in a much safer tune (maybe to help others with worries that runnning 450+ RWHP will make the motor blow up). I will keep you guys posted this spring and I have no idea what Lidio plans for the future of the cars he owns and tunes. He does build and forge motors in his shop and has extensive knowledge of the 3v motor that ford has been using for a few years now. I see meth in the future for myself as well as a forged internals to be safe and have no worries. If I were rich and could experiment than maybe I would but all my cash spent on my car took a good period of time to make and want saftey over anything esp since I use the car for show first and driving second...it is not a DD and not subjected to the harsh tarffic conditions and hard miles that many others do when they get FI..... JMO J

Oh and if you read any of the other articles he has on his site he had a 05 GT that has a Vortech w/meth inj and stock internals and had 550 RWHP and made it in the high 10's at the track. I know he was trying to do the same with the Whipple /meth injand 20" rims and tires. 2 very differnt types of S/C's and the Vortech was sold after many passes and still runs great today from what he told me...even the trans held up with all those passes and 550 HP.....

ORIGINAL: TJ

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk

^^ I don't see why they wouldn't... Kenne Bell gets or used to get all there twin screws from Whipple, and don't they offer a 2.6?
KB started making thier own twin screws so one would think the 2.6 is thier TS, I believe they maketwo 2.6 models for the S197. One whichruns good(similar to the Whipple 2.3)at 11-12psi and the othermore for a built motor and starting out at 15 psi is perferedon this model.

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

When is this new Whipple coming out? I don't want to go out and order the "old" 2.3 liter if its going to come out before spring. I emailed Whipple......hopefully they respond. It might end up being something like the KB 2.6H model...with higher internal compression.
If your going by what I said in my previous postI have no proof they are coming out with a new TS its just a opinion I formed (2.9L?)from what I am hearing and reading.

I think the Whipple 2.3L caplable of putting a (auto,stock lca's/susp, stock gears, non dr' tire etc)S197 in the11's@ 10-11psi is excellantand would be my choice for a stock SB( for a few reasons imo) if buying now.Also knowing Lidio (Alternative auto) has a meth setup(designed for this system) along the ACT sensor ( for monitoring and tuning)that can be installed (@ install or down the road)is just a bigplus imo.

MyGT500 thanks for allthe info on Lidio and what his plans are if you could keep us updated would be good, I will be following Lidio's work. Few things I'd liked to mention onewhen runningmethonly and no ICthe tunecan havebuilt in safety somefeatures (against failure)andthat is (+ tuning & monitoring) one of the reasons I believe Lidio runs an optional ACT sensors installed on the Whipple. If the meth fails the sensor picks up the temp starting toraise and the tune automatically pulls timiming and I can't remember for sure on this partbut I think you can also tune in the afr to richen.

I also do not know if for a fact Lidio was running both a IC & meth but even if just meth the like I mentioned above would have the features built in the tune if running no IC. I would be really beinterested in running Lidos meth kit (with the Whipple) but I'd also run the Whippleintercooler along with the meth. I would use the meth to further reduce the risk detonation (also for timing (+) and C-ACT's)byenhancing/raising the level of the93 octane pump gas andas also a added benefit against bad gas.

On the 3.4 Whipple yes I saw that over at another forum the only thing I got the impression that setup 3.4l was more for a built bottom end and running 15psi (on a 4.6L)or higher to use for that large of a blower to perform well on this size motor.

Mygt500 if by any chance when you talk to Lidiolet him know like I mentioned in a previous (link I received from Mexgt) post here about psfacer& Adams ST Motor Sports recent dyno testing December22 -07 Whipple 2.3L withthe Diamond TB and a new larger CAI intake system @15 psi really impressive made around570+rwhp picking upwards of around 80rwhp over the stock setup.Might be a good way of picking up more power running less (16-19) psi . You could also tunedown some power in the tune if one wanted.

If you need a link let me know as I can PM it to you as MF blocks it if I post it.