Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which wheels? 20s or 18s??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: which wheels? 20s or 18s??

lol -- Thanks for the compliments but I'm tired of looking ghetto... by chance do you wanna trade your rims for mine -- they won't look ghetto on yours I swear [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

ORIGINAL: GT_Stang

20's dont look ghetton on a stang Infact mine without a drop look tiny on this car. To the guy who posted id suggest 18" bullits. with thick side walls on the tires for the rear.If I had a GT body id put 18" bullits looks more like a muscle car. My saleen would look very stupied with 18" bullits and would probably touch the floor. and if you have a front chin spoiler like CAUTION than you will need 20"s because 18's will look tiny. BY the way Nice Car CAUTION and nice rimswish i had 20" black axis wheels but they look ghettolol
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

06Saleen3V,
No offense intended. I guess i should have added that although I did not like the Transformers theme, your car looked really good all blacked out.
The cop theme just is too way out there for me. This is coming from an ex-cop.
I love black Mustangs but the black & white theme belongs onmunicipal vehicles.

Caution,
No offense taken, but I actually I am not negative I just speak my mind. Everyone has their own favorite looks. Your airbrushing and stripeslook awsome. Red and yellow is different combo but yours is very well done so it looks great.The car overall is very nice and the 20s look good too. What matters is that it is what you want.
I actually think the balck/yellow combo is been done so much that choosing a diffeerent color for your stripes is the way to go. I have a black car I chose dark red stripes because at that time nobody had that combo.

Again I am just stating that the whole big wheel thing is a new trend.
It is not a tradition born of the muscle car era but a tradition that grew from "the hood" as in the Caprices posted above.
When a poster asks for opinion andsome twenty-something responds with "you have to get the 20s" then I am just responding saying "no you don't" because there are other options that would look good.
You may think it looks good to have giant wheels and small rubber to "fill the wheelwells" but there are many of us that prefer the traditional sizes of rims with large rubber. To me a set of Bogarts looks the baddest of all. Too bad they are no good for the street....
Old 01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

19's. I have 19's and love them. I keep hearing how it is hard to find tires for 19's but I've never had a problem.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Zkiller -- Thanks for the compliments ! Yeah you def got a point about the yellow and black ... I wanted something different so thats why I did the fire in the front (not to mention that I hadn't seen it done yet). I actually use to have 18's on my stang and they looked fine to me BUT I would scrape so damn much and I hated when I got around stangs with 20's because the 20's filled their fender well so dam good. So I swapped them out ... I still scrape here and there and have to be careful but it's not as bad as what it was and I love my stance much better now.

ORIGINAL: zkiller

06Saleen3V,
No offense intended. I guess i should have added that although I did not like the Transformers theme, your car looked really good all blacked out.
The cop theme just is too way out there for me. This is coming from an ex-cop.
I love black Mustangs but the black & white theme belongs onmunicipal vehicles.

Caution,
No offense taken, but I actually I am not negative I just speak my mind. Everyone has their own favorite looks. Your airbrushing and stripeslook awsome. Red and yellow is different combo but yours is very well done so it looks great.The car overall is very nice and the 20s look good too. What matters is that it is what you want.
I actually think the balck/yellow combo is been done so much that choosing a diffeerent color for your stripes is the way to go. I have a black car I chose dark red stripes because at that time nobody had that combo.

Again I am just stating that the whole big wheel thing is a new trend.
It is not a tradition born of the muscle car era but a tradition that grew from "the hood" as in the Caprices posted above.
When a poster asks for opinion andsome twenty-something responds with "you have to get the 20s" then I am just responding saying "no you don't" because there are other options that would look good.
You may think it looks good to have giant wheels and small rubber to "fill the wheelwells" but there are many of us that prefer the traditional sizes of rims with large rubber. To me a set of Bogarts looks the baddest of all. Too bad they are no good for the street....