Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All the people that have snow all winter long, do you drive your stangs in it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
apex18
2nd Gear Member

Default All the people that have snow all winter long, do you drive your stangs in it?

Just wondering for the people that actually get snow in the winter, if they drive there mustang in it. Just put on winter tires or what? How do they drive in the winter? I'm going to school next year and i will be living in Calgary, and i will need my mustang to get me to school everyday.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:31 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: All the people that have snow all winter long, do you drive your stangs in it?

ORIGINAL: apex18

Just wondering for the people that actually get snow in the winter, if they drive there mustang in it. Just put on winter tires or what? How do they drive in the winter? I'm going to school next year and i will be living in Calgary, and i will need my mustang to get me to school everyday.
It's no big deal if you know what you're doing.Stock KDWS work fine.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: All the people that have snow all winter long, do you drive your stangs in it?

I dont, I have a 1986 K5 Blazer as my winter beater
Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: apex18

I live in Edmonton (so I'm seeing about the same weather that you will) and this is my second winter with my 06 Mustang. Stock all-season Pirelli's, no weight in the trunk or anything, no problems. As long as you go easy with it, you'll be fine. The Mustang is more than capable for winter driving.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

My stang is definitely drivable in the winter but I have '97 Saturn, so I just drive that and save the stang from the onslaught of salt.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Nope, no way.....the Skunkster's all nestled up in her den for winter.....(the garage).

She won't reappear until spring!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:51 AM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Hell No
Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
britinmn

I live just outside Minneapolis, and we had a pretty snowy and cold December, even for here!- I have a completely stock 07 GT manual with 4,500 miles , no weight in the back and stock 17" Pirellis.....

I only had one problem where I nearly got stuck - had to stop while trying to merge into traffic, uphill and turningright in about 8inches of chopped up slush. If I hadn't had to come to a complete stop (the person in front of me deided they had to!) I would have been fine... butsaying that it took maybe 15 seconds of slipping/sliding to get enoughtraction to get out of theslush, and then I was fine...

I actually found the Mustang to be a good DD in the winter, as long asyou adapt your driving to suit the conditions... but know she is tucked up for the winter - my wife decided that she wanted me to drive something'bigger and safer' in the crappy weather, ans she knew how much I hated the abuse the paint was taking from all the salt and crap they put on the raods here- so$1500 later I have a '97 AWD 5.0 Explorer for the winter and wet days in the summer Now the Mustang is REALLY going to be babied
Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I'm a snob when it comes to my stang. If i can't have the top down, I'd rather drive something else.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:28 PM
bodyman
2nd Gear Member

In the winter it stayes in the garage it's mod time for my mustang, so I can enjoy the mod's all summer long!!!

Quick Reply: All the people that have snow all winter long, do you drive your stangs in it?