Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here drives their stang slow?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
LuckyFlyingROUSH
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Who here drives their stang slow?

I bought my stang for the fun of being able to accelerate quickly. Theres those days where I just cruise in the slow lane though with all the grannies. Why buy a fast car if you aren't going to have some fun with it?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

What's your hurry? Late for the job at Burger King?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

LOL -> Really -- wonder if I should post a video from this past weekend or other little mini cruises around town. [sm=smiley2.gif]

ORIGINAL: DaBoss

I never break the law. I have no idea what Jay Is talking about.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
LuckyFlyingROUSH
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Seriously doubt anybody that can afford a mustang would work at burgerking unless they themselves do not need to eat, dress, or live anywhere. I guess you could park your car in the parkinglot, take a shower from a hose out back, eat burgerking 24/7.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
B7ONDE

In my area there is some major construction going on for the greatest share of my drive - and the hwy patrol love to bust you for speeding in the construction zones! I agree with earlier posts - its a matter of knowing and being aware of your area. In Texas in my 2004 GT I drove the hwy fast and hard (or get killed!), here in Ohio in the 2005 GT its a much slower pace. Not to say I don't take the back roads and spin the tires on some turns a bit!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Never go over 68...
If you do, you'll blow a rod!!
Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LuckyFlyingROUSH

ORIGINAL: LX200

Seriously doubt anybody that can afford a mustang would work at burgerking unless they themselves do not need to eat, dress, or live anywhere. I guess you could park your car in the parkinglot, take a shower from a hose out back, eat burgerking 24/7.
It was a joke.... from an old guy who often drives slow....
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I do about 10 over everywhere as long as there's no or little traffic. I've never sped going in and out through traffic and i've raced another car on the street(But those damn ricers make it hard not too.)
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Well I am young and I cruise about 60-65 in a 65 zone on the highway. I have a good reason though...rock chips and bugs. Believe it or not, my car stays so much cleaner going 15mph less than I used to. Trust me, when I see someone who wants to play, I am all in
Old 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: sliek0722

Ok it's happened enough times for me to make a post about it. Why does everyone drive their s197 SOOOO SLOW? I must be the only one that utilizes its power out there. I was on I-95 earlier today and there was a s197 in the left hand lane doing 55 in a 60. What the hell? And it was a GT too!

I realize there are a lot of old people on this board and old people drive slow. It's a fact of life. They always want to go exactly the speed limit ormost of the time, 10 milesbelow it. But me, I do 80 on the interstates. And I usually do 60-65 in 55 MPHs on regular roads. Not because im trying to speed (ok maybe on the highway a little) but it's because that's how fast the flow of traffic goes! When you do exactly 55 in a 55 in a stang, you look ridiculous. And plus you holdup traffic and give me road rage

Btw before you flame me about speeding tickets, I have none. Yes 0. In my ten years of driving, I have yet to get a single one because I drive at the same rate as traffic and don't do anything stupid.

PS Why the hell do people age 40 and up drive so slow? They're the reason we have rush hour traffic and congestion!
Question....where do you live? I'd like to see you drive 80 here where I live. The State Troopers driving their Corvettes and Chargers would love to entertain you.

If the speed limit is 55 (which is what it is on most of the localInterstate driving), I may do 60 or 65, but won't try to push it any more. Do you realize how much tickets are here in the state of VA?

I invite you to "try" to do 80 on the stretch of I-64 between I-264 and the Greenbrier Parkway exits.
80 mph in Virginia is always a reckless driving ticket, regardless of posted speed limits. A lot of Virginians don't even know that! Anyway, the ticket is about $1,000 isn't it?

I have no problem with fast drivers when they stick to the left lane. If I feel like speeding, then that's where I go.

What I hate are drivers that weave in and out of lanes or tailgate in the right lane when others are doing the speed limit or a little over.

Quick Reply: Who here drives their stang slow?