Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod bug hitting hard

Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Zevox

Default Mod bug hitting hard

Just got my FRPP Procal installed yesterday and I can't stop looking for more stuff to do next. I'm torn between a shifter or suspension with warranty in mind.

The shifter I hear MGW is the way to go since it replaces everything. For warranty purposes how is the FRPP one? Hate to spend the extra money for an inferior product.

As far as suspension I was looking highly into the FRPP M-FR3A-MGTA which seems to come with everything you need. Still kind of on the expensive side it seems but I found it for a little under $1400 but paying for Ford to install is probably where I'll take the unpleasant violation of my wallet... When you lower something do you need anything to readjust pinion angle?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:31 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

MGW is the best without a doubt. I Will never use another shifter in my Pony Again.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:37 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Warranty....... I modded mine like it had no warranty when it was new.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:47 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I keep looking at the MGW for my '500 but it looks too hard to think about doing myself without either a pit or a lift and I have access to neither. I also haven't found anyone in Denver that Im willing to trust this ride to.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I keep looking at the MGW for my '500 but it looks too hard to think about doing myself without either a pit or a lift and I have access to neither. I also haven't found anyone in Denver that Im willing to trust this ride to.
I had access to a lift. However, this could easily be done on jack stands in your driveway.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Zevox

Originally Posted by outceltj
Warranty....... I modded mine like it had no warranty when it was new.
This is what my friend keeps telling me. He says, "Warranty? What's that?" Lol
Old 08-29-2013, 06:57 AM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

I just installed an MGW last weekend in my garage on homemade ramps and it was no problem at all. The most difficult part in my case was getting the new shifter into place. It's so much more substantial than the stock POS that the front end didn't want to fit in between the transmission and the tunnel. I ended up having to lower the transmission about 1/2" (which took 2 minutes) and it went right in. It's definitely a DIY job. SOOOOO much better than stock, too.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
I had access to a lift. However, this could easily be done on jack stands in your driveway.
Originally Posted by 99horsey
I just installed an MGW last weekend in my garage on homemade ramps and it was no problem at all. The most difficult part in my case was getting the new shifter into place. It's so much more substantial than the stock POS that the front end didn't want to fit in between the transmission and the tunnel. I ended up having to lower the transmission about 1/2" (which took 2 minutes) and it went right in. It's definitely a DIY job. SOOOOO much better than stock, too.
yeah wcgman, it's too bad that changing the GT500 shifter isn't as simple as the GT's!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:50 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
yeah wcgman, it's too bad that changing the GT500 shifter isn't as simple as the GT's!
Yeah it is. I did both my GT and GT500 on jack stands. Both were about the same. I've done a ton of mods on jack stands. The MGW was not that difficult.