Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani x pipe issues on 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Bassani x pipe issues on 06 GT

Hey everyone, I am a new member to the forum and I have a question... I installed the BassaniXpipe for my 06 GT and have had nothing but issues with it. No matter where and how it got clamped, it leaked at each fitting. So after the 5th time taking it all over San Antonio to try to get it fixed without being welded, I took it to the performance shop I go to and they welded some stainless extensions to help with a better fit. After all this time, it finally stopped the leaking and sounded the way I wanted. 3 days later, the driver side cat went out, rattling to beat hell inside. I gave up so I purchased a Pypes off road H pipe and going to have it installed. I also have the Mac axle back installed, which so far has been ok.
I was wondering if anyone else had or is having any issues with the Bassani pipes???
Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 AM
eddieval5
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani x pipe issues on 06 GT

sorry to hear man. only problem i had was getting the header bolts off what a pain that was.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:32 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

interesting.. i just ordered the Bassani Catted X.. hope it goes on ok.

I actually had quite a bit of trouble getting my Mac Axleback to fit tight and line up.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
SpeedRacer9220
1st Gear Member

No problems with mine.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah the Macs on mine are hard to line up. Each time I had it in for the x pipe, they would have to line up the tail pipes. I think the mounts are in bad spots on these or something. After the H pipe, I am going to run with macs for awhile, then try the "Stingers", they sound pretty darn good with that H pipe.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:17 AM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

No problems with Bassani's products here.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:12 PM
BigDaddy

sorry to revive an old post, but I just bought a pypes h pipe from brenspeed....I put it in, and nothing wanted to fit. o2 sensor for driver was just alittle too short, passenger upstream 02 sensor just barely had room enuff to fit. im most crabby about it coming in 4 pieces...ive seen other peoples HPipes (taco bills) looks like its a 2 piece setup. mine is 4 pieces, that 2 more places to leak. anyways, its leaking all over the place, I tightened it down so hard that the driver side band clamp broke....anyways, im going to try washering up the 1st pipes that bolt to the exhaust manifolds tomorrow, then i really dont know what to do with the part that bolts in the middle, before the H part. this part is leaking bad, it seems the only way to fix is to have it welded up...but hey, i thought this was a bolt-on piece...theres no exhaust donut for at the exhaust manifolds, eh..i looked for them, i didnt see any...SO let me know, anyone else have it leak like this? what did you do, just have it welded up? thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 11:53 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

That's weird. I didn't know the Pypes H-pipes were in 4 pieces now. They used to be 2 pieces.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 PM
GOTTORQ
1st Gear Member

my pypes mid muffs were a bitch to get on..esp the x pipe..how much did it cost u to get the thing welded?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

My Pypes were 2 pieces also and no leaks even after being taken off the car for emissions and put back on. Over a year on them now ....

Quick Reply: Bassani x pipe issues on 06 GT