Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A long winded story you may enjoy reading.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:06 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Default A long winded story you may enjoy reading.

Not one to post personal stories but you guys may get a kick out of this: I think I may have taken “two steps back” today regarding the brides approval for the soon to be Whipple. She knows I want the s/c really bad and that I’m saving my funds trying to make it happen asap. There is this particular redlight at an intersection where, on occasion we’ll “play” with the Mustang and turn it loose a bit, I’ve been trying to continue spinning the tires through second gear as of late. So on the way home after Church this morning the redlight caught us with the rare occasion of having no one else around. So I reach up, turn the TCS off and ask her “should we try it?” I’d already made my mind up but I just wanted to put her on notice….
So when the light turned, easily let out the clutch and got the car rolling as normal, midway through first a simple burp of the clutch with the simultaneous stomp of the right foot and the rear tires were squealing. When the tach reached somewhere near 6K, grabbed second and the revs were going up. However, from the previous nights rain showers, there were some tracks of moisture across the intersection where the traffic was crossing the road and when the Mustang caught the moisture then you can imagine what happen to the traction. So anyway, by this time the limited slip rear end was really taking us sideways and although I was trying to use the wheel to catch it, it wasn’t happening!! So to regain control it was necessary to stop burning the tires at which time we were heading to the ditch and since we were in second gear it was at a pretty decent speed. I was noticing out the corner of my eye that she had begun the “heels and elbows” movement where your butt doesn’t touch the seat and the eyeballs as big as quarters. I never got off the asphalt but came darn close and the correction from the rear wheels grabbing traction and having the front wheels turned made the car jump pretty good when it settled down.
So this is where I busted out laughing with how fun and awesome the past few seconds were, however, she didn’t agree at all. Totally lost all she went to Church for that morning, The first thing I heard was, “you don’t need a supercharger”, YOU DO! NOT! NEED!! A SUPERCHARGER!!!!! “Why would you want a supercharger” “You almost wrecked your car” “I CANT BELIEVE YOU ALMOST WRECKED YOUR CAR”, There was probably more but I was too busy laughing.
Anyway, it was fun, I never felt out of control but had I let it continue spinning then I’m sure this story would be different. Sorry for being long winded but hopefully some of you can relate and enjoy. Love my GT!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:14 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: A long winded story you may enjoy reading.

After reading that story I realized one thing......that you still need the supercharger.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
silver06vert

The best thing to do in a case like this is.....

lock her in a closet...

buy the supercharger!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

When you save for the supercharger I've learned you have to save a little extra for some jewelry as well
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Hahaha nice.

You should show her this thread, and that we all think you still should get a supercharger.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

lmao love those reactions, i get them all the time from my girlfriend. She always thinks i have no control over the car.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

You know, she might have a point. 300hp = nearly went in a ditch. 500hp = you're in the ditch.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

yeah...BUT, most of you FI guys, you're not going to play with it at a small strip from a light if its moist out. I think there is a lot more respect for the power. I have even heard guys say they do not drive fast nearly as often once they go FI cuz you just need a lot more room. If you do get a S/C, just remember and respect it. I think you'll do fine with one, and yeah, I've done what you did, and I think a lot on here have as well.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Yup, I've done something similar, although towards a curb. And no wife, but a friend.

I still plan on getting a supercharger.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

lol at ya gf lifting herself out of her seat. I was doing a burn out with my g/f in the car and she didnt even know the tires were spinning,lol then i peeled out and I had to tell her to look behind us cause she had no clue about the smoke from the tires.she goes OMG WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR CAR , WHY IS IT SMOKING..........I shook my head in disgust and called her a girl

Quick Reply: A long winded story you may enjoy reading.