Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uh OHHH WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default Uh OHHH WTF!!!

Ok here is my short story of what is going on. I send my car to a guy that I know that has been working on my exterior of my car, this is during my 2 week long xmas vacation. I finally get back and couldn't get a hold of him really. I finally get a hold of him and get my car back a few days later when I come back from the vacation. I found some reciepts from the grocery store when he DROVE my car there without tellin me and I am sure he has driven it other places as well. But anyways I get it back and have not driven it yet. I let my girlfriend take it to JIFFY LUBE or someplace like that to get the oil changed cause it needed to be changed before I went on vacation anyways. So they change it and fill all da fluids like they usually do and give it the 14 point inspection. They clean or check my air filter, fill my washer fluid and whatever else. I finally get it back and my car sounds different. They supercharger is a whole lot louder and it is making a different sound, kind of whiney I guess. Anyone have any ideas why this could be? Did Jiffy Lube fill something with the wrong fluid or could cleaning the air filter change the sound? Did they unhook something? Or did the dumbass guy who drove it to the store drive it too hard when I needed to change my oil!!!!! Can anyone help me on this. Kinda hard without hearing it but has anyone had anything like this happen to them?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Uh OHHH WTF!!!

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Ok here is my short story of what is going on. I send my car to a guy that I know that has been working on my exterior of my car, this is during my 2 week long xmas vacation. I finally get back and couldn't get a hold of him really. I finally get a hold of him and get my car back a few days later when I come back from the vacation. I found some reciepts from the grocery store when he DROVE my car there without tellin me and I am sure he has driven it other places as well. But anyways I get it back and have not driven it yet. I let my girlfriend take it to JIFFY LUBE or someplace like that to get the oil changed cause it needed to be changed before I went on vacation anyways. So they change it and fill all da fluids like they usually do and give it the 14 point inspection. They clean or check my air filter, fill my washer fluid and whatever else. I finally get it back and my car sounds different. They supercharger is a whole lot louder and it is making a different sound, kind of whiney I guess. Anyone have any ideas why this could be? Did Jiffy Lube fill something with the wrong fluid or could cleaning the air filter change the sound? Did they unhook something? Or did the dumbass guy who drove it to the store drive it too hard when I needed to change my oil!!!!! Can anyone help me on this. Kinda hard without hearing it but has anyone had anything like this happen to them?
Your story is hard to follow. You brought your to a guy you know who was working on the exterior. Then you get the car back and have your girlfriend get the oil changed at Jiffy Lube. Now when you drive it the supercharger is making funny noises? Seems like 3 people might responsible for the problem: The body guy, Jiffy lube or your girlfriend. Don't leave your car with someone you can't trust, don't bring a supercharged car to Jiffy lube to have the "14 point" inspection, I won't touch the girlfriend part. Can you explain the problem a little more?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

Connect a USB cable from your computer to your PCM, type CHK_SYS at a DOS prompt. Copy and paste the results in to an email and send it to me. If you have the Shaker 1000 system you will need to hold down the Alt key.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Yeah you got the story basically right. Well I know it's not the girlfriend cause she drives it like a grandma basically. But I don't know, the supercharger seems like it's louder than normal and it just makes more of a whiney sound, and this is even at idle. I didn't want an inspection on my car they just gave it one. All I wanted was to get my oil changed and they changed almost all the fluids. So I am not sure what the problem is. It's kinda hard to explain.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dferkler

Connect a USB cable from your computer to your PCM, type CHK_SYS at a DOS prompt. Copy and paste the results in to an email and send it to me. If you have the Shaker 1000 system you will need to hold down the Alt key.
I don't have a laptop and don't know anyone here who does. I guess I am going to have to go to a shop and have them look at it. Thanks for the advice though wish I could get a hold of a laptop. Yeah I know this problem is kinda hard to answer if you can't see or hear what is actually going on
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Now that's just cruel.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Why is that funny?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:10 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Why is that funny?
The guy is playing with you.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

That's got to be the third or fourth time I've seen you post this. Care to elaborate?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

You took a supercharged mustang to Jiffy Lube....Your car is pissed at you...thats why its being a beotch right now.

Quick Reply: Uh OHHH WTF!!!