Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uh OHHH WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Uh OHHH WTF!!!

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]God I hope your right. I usually change it myself but this time I couldn't get the stupid bolt off to drain the oil!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

That's got to be the third or fourth time I've seen you post this. Care to elaborate?
Yea, to be honest it's wearing a bit thin now [:@]
Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

No doubt. lol.

(In response to taking it to jiffy lube)
Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

WTF....did you let ohnoesazchange your oil or something......i would take it to ford before i would go to a Jiffy lube or any other place like that....
Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Could be that you simply have a dry belt or something if it hasn't been used for a bit.

Is the car driving ok apart from that? Have a look at the belt, look for rubber dust which could indicate a tight bearing on a pulley or other device, including blower.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Ok, yeah it basically drives the same it just makes a different, louder sound.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

ORIGINAL: dferkler

Connect a USB cable from your computer to your PCM, type CHK_SYS at a DOS prompt. Copy and paste the results in to an email and send it to me. If you have the Shaker 1000 system you will need to hold down the Alt key.
That's got to be the third or fourth time I've seen you post this. Care to elaborate?

that's just wrong lol
Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Ok here is my short story of what is going on. I send my car to a guy that I know that has been working on my exterior of my car, this is during my 2 week long xmas vacation. I finally get back and couldn't get a hold of him really. I finally get a hold of him and get my car back a few days later when I come back from the vacation. I found some reciepts from the grocery store when he DROVE my car there without tellin me and I am sure he has driven it other places as well. But anyways I get it back and have not driven it yet. I let my girlfriend take it to JIFFY LUBE or someplace like that to get the oil changed cause it needed to be changed before I went on vacation anyways. So they change it and fill all da fluids like they usually do and give it the 14 point inspection. They clean or check my air filter, fill my washer fluid and whatever else. I finally get it back and my car sounds different. They supercharger is a whole lot louder and it is making a different sound, kind of whiney I guess. Anyone have any ideas why this could be? Did Jiffy Lube fill something with the wrong fluid or could cleaning the air filter change the sound? Did they unhook something? Or did the dumbass guy who drove it to the store drive it too hard when I needed to change my oil!!!!! Can anyone help me on this. Kinda hard without hearing it but has anyone had anything like this happen to them?
Hard to say who's fault (if any) it is since you didn't drive it yourself before taking it in for an oil change.

Does your S/C tap into your oil pan or draw from the cars oil system? Did they put in enough oil?
Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Yeah it taps from the oil pan and they added an extra half quart but I will have to check the level after work.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
TMLFAN
2nd Gear Member

Just my opinion but, I would never leave my car with anybody while I was on vacation. Hope everything works out okay in the end. As someone stated above, I would take it to Ford before any of those quick lube joints.

Quick Reply: Uh OHHH WTF!!!