Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L in, impressions

Old 01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
jmanpatsfan
2nd Gear Member

Default C&L in, impressions

Installation was a piece of cake, like you all said it would be. Tune upload (93 Brenspeed) no issue. When I took it for a drive, I may have been expecting too much, but I didnt really notice a big difference, but there was an extra jolt when you step on it. Exhaust does not sound any deeper. I really thought when people said "throttle lag" it referred to that jump off the line. I still appreciate it and I'm happy. (You were supposed to press cancel when it said "Keep previoulsy entered options," right?)

Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: C&L in, impressions

i had the same experience......
Old 01-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

Did you put 93 gas in it?

~Fletch~
Old 01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
jmanpatsfan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fletch

Did you put 93 gas in it?

~Fletch~
Of course.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

hmm...talk to brenspeed....i would say you should notice a great deal of difference with the addition of a cai/tune coming from the stock setup
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

When I first installed a CAI and 93 tune I felt that the difference in horsepower was noticeable but not dramatic (I think some folks are a bit prone to hyperbole on this). To me the bigger change was the improvement in throttle lag. Here is an example of what I mean: with stock tune if you put the car in neutral and blip the throttle, there was a clear lag between the action and the result, the engine just didn't rev very fast. In actual driving I thought this was the most disappointing aspect of the car. My old 93 Nissan Pathfinder has better throttle response. But after installation of the CAI and tune all was well, much more what I wanted. Now when I nail the throttle the engine responds nearly instantly, much better than stock. If your car didn't exhibit this change than I'd think either the Tune is wrong or it didn't get downloaded to the car properly.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:51 PM
dr350rider
1st Gear Member

It's been a couple of weeks since I uploaded my new tune so I've already started to forget. I think the SCT asks if you want to change any parameters and there you would hit cancel, unless you want to mess with your tune. Then I think it asks if you want to keep "previously entered options". I think you are supposed to hit select for that one. You might just try running through the upload process again.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

:0 maybe try a tune from a different tuner?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

If you car is not throwing codes then the tune is loaded....with a C&L it usually will through a code pretty damn quick without the tune
Old 01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

If you car is not throwing codes then the tune is loaded....with a C&L it usually will through a code pretty damn quick without the tune
true!
but when I was stock I installed the diablo cookie cutter tune and was like wow thats better, then got the 93 tune from doug and got the same wow improvement as the stock to diablo made.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C&L in, impressions