Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen exhaust and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen exhaust and suspension

When I was looking at the Saleen SC, I noticed the exhaust and suspension kits were also available.
http://commerce.saleen.com/Default.aspx (go under 2005 Mustang Parts and it's at the bottom)

The site doesn't say anything about them. Does anyone know if that exhaust kit includes headers? It says you need the Saleen rear fascia, but I don't see it listed. I guess you have to buy the whole body kit.

Does anyone know how the suspension kit compares to this one?
http://www.ground-control-store.com/...hp/II=666/CA=2

I sure wish I could get a Saleen on the "D" plan.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:21 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen exhaust and suspension

ORIGINAL: Mustang Novice

When I was looking at the Saleen SC, I noticed the exhaust and suspension kits were also available.
http://commerce.saleen.com/Default.aspx

The site doesn't say anything about them. Does anyone know if that exhaust kit includes headers? It says you need the Saleen rear fascia, but I don't see it listed. I guess you have to buy the whole body kit.

I have no clue but thought I'd say whats up anyway[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

Not much, still gathering info. I'm 10x more knowledgeable than when I first came to this forum, but I feel like I know 100x less.

But it's fun learning. I'll really love it when I'm able to jump out of my truck back into a Mustang. But I just got off the phone and my order is "clean and unserialized". [sm=boohoo.gif]
Old 03-22-2005, 01:53 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

No doubt...being that this is my first mustang I've learned a lot in these forums....you'll get your ride soon enough and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

http://commerce.saleen.com/Default.aspx (go under 2005 Mustang Parts and it's at the bottom)

The exhaust kit does not include headers. It is a catback unit with an X pipe and mufflers with dumps. You need the rear facia because the 05 saleen kits are center exhaust. The suspension kit show is fairly similar to saleens, but saleen adds in a few more things like swaybars and control arms. The Saleen suspension kit will have been well engineered and thus provide excellent handling for an 05.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

Thanks Birdie. I wrote Saleen to get a list of the items included in their suspension kit. I've always heard good things about Saleen suspension. It's $600 cheaper than that other kit. So, if it's got control arms to go along with the struts, shocks, springs, and sway bar, there's no doubt which I would buy.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

5 Gs for a supercharger that only puts 100hp out? hahah.. I'd rather buy the vortech for 3500 and 120hp.. Saleens got to get off the high horse and cut the price..
Old 03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

The Vortech for $3500 does not include the intercooler setup, if I am not mistaken. With it, the prices are eerily similar.

The sc's are quite different as one has a higher end, whereas Saleen is twin screw and will have the jump right from the get go. Personal preference since the prices will be pretty much the same when all is said and done (assuming adding intercooler).
Old 03-22-2005, 05:59 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

thats what what I'm saying.. vortechs non-intercooler is putting out more HP/tq then saleens 1500 more SC.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:03 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Vortech
==========
On a budget and can’t afford an H.O. After-cooled system? Try Vortech’s standard non-aftercooled system and easily upgrade your system as your budget permits. The standard non-aftercooled version reportedly develops up to 420 Horsepower and 390+ lb-ft of torque right out of the box! Check our other auctions for this kit @ only $3499.99!!

Saleen
========
snapping 400 horsepower, 25 more than last year’s S281 SC, and an eye-popping 420 lb-ft of torque

==my bad// TQ is a little higher then vortech.. so thse should be close to equil -the 1.5K extra you spend.. The vortech after cooler will beat it hands down. not worth the money.. ALSO you get free preditor with vortech... with saleen.. you get.. free stickers [:'(]

Quick Reply: Saleen exhaust and suspension