Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT take of - rear sway bar for 4.0?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
ccdguy
1st Gear Member

Default GT take of - rear sway bar for 4.0?

Hey guys,

Quick question. (can't find too much info using search option)...

I've got an '05 4.0L Stang, with no Pony Package.(Not available back then). I'd like to purchase an inexpensive rear swaybar for the car. Question - Many vendors have the swaybar off a GT coupe. Will those fit properly on an '05 V6?? They go for around 100 bucks from many places like newtakeoff.com and others, but I wonder if they will bolt right in. Do I also need to purchase any bolts or do these come with the package. Anyone out there have any experiences with the GT take off rear swaybar installs on V6 Stangs? I'm really interested in your suggestions. Thanks !
Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT take of - rear sway bar for 4.0?

i got these for my 40 last year and all you need to buy is bolts & locking nutsfor the brackets on the end of the rear sway bar. they made a huge difference in the corning ability of my car as it started out with a base model with no rear antisway bar. they typically sold for about $150 for the set when i was watching them sell on ebay and they have many sets. so if the price gets too high just wait until the day after the auction ends and a new set will be listed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
tailwind

Default RE: GT take of - rear sway bar for 4.0?

Have installed two of the GT rear sway bars and it is easy as the mounting points are built into the body. You will notice a definate improvement in handling-no more wallowing in the turns as it will be much more stable. Also have the front bars from Used Cars Take Off but have not yet installed them. Search for the part numbers of the bolts you will need as they are not included. Yes, you can use any common bolts, nuts, and washers but I would recommend self-locking nuts at a minimum. I went with the factory hardware as the bolts holding the bar to each side of the rear axle have special clips which make the installation a little easier. As the previous responder has noted, just search Ebay. I did see where all these parts are coming from as during a tour of the Shelby assembly plant, they had all the new take-off parts in boxes, nothing wrong with them.