Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steelership says after 15000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Steelership says after 15000 miles

ORIGINAL: Fordfann

I keep getting these stupid letters saying that i need to take my car in for serviceing.
I barely have over 3000 on a 07,So i go down to the dealership and ask what give's?
They said well its Ford mo company reminding you that in the future,come in and have your car serviced.
I told them that i changed the oil and filter @ 2700 miles with 5-20w Mobile synthetic,and the tech says no you shoudnt have done that because your rings will not seet properly,Thats why we use a blend !!!!!.
Is this true in any way ? The manual says break in time is 500 miles.
I think it is BS" Lexus comes stock with fully synthetic and BMW as well.

Oh by the way I just installed BBK shorties with Pypes violater Muffs,Next week is a C&L cai with atune from breenspeed.
I have an 07 GT Black with red int.
As soon as i get the camera working i will have some pics.

I want to thank you all for the good info,It has helped me lots.
PS...When you install headers,Have a friend tohelp you,or atleast a shoulder to cry on !!!!!!! Something i will never do again.

If that is the case then on your next oil change go to your local Auto Zone, pick up 6qts of the Motorcraft syn blend, and run that for another 2500 miles. Then switch back to the M1.

I just switched to M1 @ 26xx miles. I guess I'm screwed too.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

I switched to Mobil 1 at 1300 miles, I now have 24,000, I have had no problems.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:58 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

voodoo. You can switch to full synthetic the day you bring her home and will not have problems.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Fordfann

Thanks for the info....voodoo?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:41 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i just filld up the crank case with mobile 1 syn at 3,600. i guess my engine is going to explode.

they are just trying to get you to buy service at the dealer. there is no reason it takes longer than the manufacture's recomended break-in period for the rings to seat. if that was true, and synthetic oil such as mobile 1 causes problems... why do other cars come with it from the factory with 0 miles on them??

i'm pretty sure they're just trying to use "scare tactics" to get you to spend money. after all money is the root of all evil.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:08 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

actually in some vehicles, you can not run synthetic, take some motorcycles for example. My bike uses the engine oil as tranny oil it's also a wet clutch. The manual direct from Suzuki tells me that synthetic oil is more slick than that of conventional which will make your clutch not engage properly. I understand that that is a motorcycle and these are V8 Cars, however rings are a lil rough when new so that they seat to the the cylinder walls, if oil is too slick that could inhibit the process. In theory it could. Now I don't believe it in a car as I changed my oil @ 700 miles to mobile 1. However, I do believe it in my motorcylce, as my mechanic has blown out a clutch in the same bike I have by using Synthetic Oil.

But that is just my experience, and I wouldn't sweat it in a Mustang at all.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:12 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

What Matt said is true IF we were still in the 20th century. No so anymore. Vettes and others run full synthetic from day one. Even the owners manual says you can run full synthetic. I call BS on this one.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Fordfann

Thank you thank you thankyou !!!!.

Thank youall for your great input .
In fact Mobil 1 Exceeds ford motor syn -blnd hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Qusus
2nd Gear Member

How come you guys swapped to Mobil 1 Full Synthetic instead of just keeping the synthetic blend? To get better protection for your engine or just so you can take longer before oil changes?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

That's funny that they'd say that...My 2007 Mustang Owner's Manual says to run 5w30 Synthetic oil in it in the reference material for the motor.

I put Mobil1 in it on Monday, at 10,276 mi (2nd oil change; Ford says to go 5k on the oil changes and I didn't realize I was over on the mileage until I glanced at it last week Sat). Oh crap. My car's going to explode. :sarcasm:

Oh well, Ford'll probably tell me that my car's voided on the warranty anyway because I didn't take it to them (I already negated my "free tires for life" promotion that they were running by taking it to the local WalMart and having them do the oil change - and before anyone says anything about it, I have friends of mine who work there and did it)

Quick Reply: Steelership says after 15000 miles