Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Bassani's Modular X pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:31 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone running Bassani's Modular X pipe

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/midpipes.html

(top left)

the 3V sounds better with an X pipe, Bassani's Modular X caught my eye on Brenspeed's site. Bassani is a good brand and the option to run high flow cats or run O/R is great. i will be looking to run this setup with the stock mufflers. have the cats in for around town, and when i go to cruise nights and shows slip in the race pipes, and flash the computer with a corresponding tune.

so my question: anyone running this midpipe?? quality? sound? problems?.... $388 kinda sounds too good to be true!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:43 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone running Bassani's Modular X pipe

i just installed that very pipe from Brenspeed today! .. the price can't be beat, nearly $200 cheaper than other's sell the exact same thing for.

I installed it with the high-flow cats and I love the sound with my Stingers.. it's pretty loud but sounds clean (which is hard to accomplish on the 05+)

only thing I noticed is a hissing noise at WOT. at first I thought it might be a leak, but I'm finding a lot of people with X-Pipes talk about a hissing noise where the air crosses. I'll double check for leaks in the morning regardless.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:50 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

i just installed that very pipe from Brenspeed today! .. the price can't be beat, nearly $200 cheaper than other's sell the exact same thing for.

I installed it with the high-flow cats and I love the sound with my Stingers.. it's pretty loud but sounds clean (which is hard to accomplish on the 05+)

only thing I noticed is a hissing noise at WOT. at first I thought it might be a leak, but I'm finding a lot of people with X-Pipes talk about a hissing noise where the air crosses. I'll double check for leaks in the morning regardless.
cool, thanks.

i would love to hear a good sound clip of an O/R X and stock mufflers. brenspeed has one, but its just a couple of revs.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:54 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pClp0l-aN2E

there's one i found on youtube.

and i agree that the X-Pipe does sound better than the H. I used to be into H-Pipes and chambered mufflers but that doesn't work so well on these.. so I'm new to the X setups.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:05 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pClp0l-aN2E

there's one i found on youtube.

and i agree that the X-Pipe does sound better than the H. I used to be into H-Pipes and chambered mufflers but that doesn't work so well on these.. so I'm new to the X setups.
im used to the 2v's and 5.0s witch sounds great with H pipes and chambered mufflers. these 3v's sounds alot better with X pipes and non-chambered mufflers. the 3v has a different sound, but you gatta love it.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:14 AM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

I bought the Bassani axle backs before I bought the catted x-pipe, so my info may be out of the question.

The mufflers added a smooth, real deep tone in the sound. When I added the x pipe and cats, the tone changeda lot......was louder, got a little deeper, and was a little raspy.

I love Bassani and the products they put out.

BTW, the price on that x-pipe is a good deal. I shopped around for a couple weeks at many online stores, an paid about $450 for it.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

i've got the modular x-pipe. no cats+stock mufflers= sounds great! loud and honestly sounds like you changed the whole exhaust. cats on+stock mufflers= sounds kinda like stock not much of a difference. i just recently (yesterday) put on slp loudmouths and put the cats back on and it just sounds AWESOME. very aggressive sounding. very deep. not much louder than the no cats+stock mufflers but it just sounds deeper and way more evil now, sounds pist off as hell when you really step on it... highly recommended! On a side note it's and awful pain in the *** to swap out the hi flow cats and cat delete pipes. I suggest do like I did, if you can't afford the whole set up at once then just run no cats+stock mufflers and once you can afford to get an axel back (HIGHLY recommend the SLP with this set up) put the cats back on. It takes way too long and WAY to much effort to swap out the cats and cat delete pipes to be doing it more than once or twice trust me.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

I have the bassani x pipe, i was rolling around with no cats but its just to loud so i put the high flow cats in. heres a sound clip
i have bbk headers the bassni x and pypes mid muffler
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/b...urrent=123.flv
Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tungsten07

i've got the modular x-pipe. no cats+stock mufflers= sounds great! loud and honestly sounds like you changed the whole exhaust. cats on+stock mufflers= sounds kinda like stock not much of a difference. i just recently (yesterday) put on slp loudmouths and put the cats back on and it just sounds AWESOME. very aggressive sounding. very deep. not much louder than the no cats+stock mufflers but it just sounds deeper and way more evil now, sounds pist off as hell when you really step on it... highly recommended! On a side note it's and awful pain in the *** to swap out the hi flow cats and cat delete pipes. I suggest do like I did, if you can't afford the whole set up at once then just run no cats+stock mufflers and once you can afford to get an axel back (HIGHLY recommend the SLP with this set up) put the cats back on. It takes way too long and WAY to much effort to swap out the cats and cat delete pipes to be doing it more than once or twice trust me.
thanks, i dont want it to be TOO loud without cats.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYk1n...eature=related

Quick Reply: Anyone running Bassani's Modular X pipe