Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP GTA axle back mufflers??

Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP GTA axle back mufflers??

plus....after searching the forum....i haven't seen a single post of anyone trying the boomtubes, and then goin with something else. maybe there's someone out there, but i haven't crossed paths with them
Old 01-12-2008, 12:22 PM
mcgyvertech
1st Gear Member

I have a set of the FRPP GTA's for sale, if you're interested. I'll let them go for $150. I went to Borla's because I got a sweet deal on a used set... Let me know.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I have the GTA's and I like them. They sound better than stock and are louder. Not "wake up the neighborhood" loud under normal driving, but you can definitely hear them especially when you romp on it. It did take them a little while to break in, plus I think the Tune/CAI helps too.

Brent from Brenspeed asked me what exhaust I had on my car when it was on his dyno. You can really hear them under WOT.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:33 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

I too have the GTAs, they sound good, louder than stock with zero drone, The fit was not very good, in fact to get them to seal and tighten up on ended buying some 2.5" stainless clamps which took car of the problem.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:56 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I first put on the Ford racing stingers. The chrome tips with the Ford emblem on them was nice. However, the cabin drone was incredible. (And I have a convertible). I tried to get use to them, but I never did. I switched to the GTA's and was completely satisfied. No drone. None. Plus the tips look great.Now, as far as my opinion on the noise level, I have to admit that I am old. (48) So what is loud to me might not be unbearable to you. Of course I have Flowmasters on my 70 Mach 1 and they never bother me at all.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Why dont you get the ford racing bullet mufflers? Im going to suggest boomtubes!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

The GTA's are nice and cheap, but they don't offer that much of an improvement.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: harraid5711

i used to have them, but decided i wanted something a bit louder. they are a bit louder than stock, but have an awesome note/tone to them that everyone loves. the only thing i'd caution against, is getting them and deciding to go louder once you have them. i too was afraid of drone, but now that i have booms, i actually love the little bit that they have. doesn't interfere with music listening or conversation. but if you're dead set on "no drone" they are a great option. not to mention the polished 4" tips look a million times better than stock.

The GTAs are the oem for Shelby GTs, not gt500. the sound you get from the shelbys is a bit misleading because they also have the frpp x-pipe with makes it a bit raspier than what you'll have on your car
I looked at a set on the Shelby GT and the tips are different than the tips on the GTA's that were on my 07 GO
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Thanks to everyone who posted and gave thier opinions!

It sounds like from everyone who posted that owned the GTA's or still do had good things to say about them so no problem there. Nice tips, no droneand a very decent soundwould be nice if a little louder according to some (me included imo) but still a very decent set of mufflers, I do like the the GTA's it either going to be them or the BT's. I am thinking the BT's are so popular that if the drone is a little more than I expected they should be easy to sell.

I am going to have to think about it harriad 5711messed me up with the BoomTube's (I do like the BT's- louder/better soundbut witha littledrone )I have to think on the BT'ssome more but will be either the BT's or the GTA's. I hate to buy the GTA's and want something a little louder.

Speaking of loud (Bad/kick A** sound)listen to this setup I found (when researhing mufflers)onYoutubeat the 10 mark of the time stamp!
Turn your speakers up a lttle bit at first I thought these were the Boomtubes I am like holy SH@T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpfoh_rvRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEeB...eature=related

They are not the Boomtubes's like the title saysbut give them a listen, I know these mufflers have a good amount of drone but thought I would just post the vid.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: harraid5711

i have had them for about 3 months
i pick up drone at about 2800 rpm i believe and i'd put that on about a 3.5 on that scale. when i first put them on and drove, i was like "oh sh**, they're loud" but by the second day i was hooked. i would recommend them without a doubt, because one of the reasons i originally went with the gtas was because of my girlfriend. she's like 105 lbs and didn't want some loud drone making her head hurt......and honestly she loves my boomtubes more than the gtas......good enough for me. a good test of drone is if it interferes with you talking on the cell, and these don't.
One more question did you have any problem with the right side exhausttip stickingmore than the left side?

TIA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FRPP GTA axle back mufflers??