Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!

I've also heard incredible things about Optimum No Rinse. Obsessive Detail is a sponsor here and I've dealt with Justin (Juzstang) before when purchasing a porter cable and a bunch of other stuff. You put it on the car and dry it off without needing to rinse. I saw a video of it being used on a Ferrari and it works great; especially on darker cars. PM justin or go to www.obsessivedetail.com if you want to check it out. I'll be ordering some in a month or two when I run out of soap
Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i just waxed and clay bared her about two sundays ago so its not that...and i always wash my car as the sun is going down....i have a really nice leaf blower i might just start doing that....but i do have some little spider web looking things in my paint do i need a good buff?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i might need to use a better soap that is good with wax to help my hard wax jobs last longer
Old 01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

My guess is you have extremely hard water and are also washing the car when it is sunny. First thing is wash either first thing in the morning and I mean early no later than 10Am or late in the evening just as the sun begins to set. Next step that really helps is to get a filter setup that removes the minerals in the water. I use this one.

http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html

The you need to get yourself some Waffle Weave MF towels I prefer the larger ones. I also use a detail spray and the water blade followed by more details spray and the waffle weaves for final drying.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:56 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Did you clay bar and THEN wax, or wax then clay bar?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:57 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

make sure you car is cooled off, (let it sit in the shade for a couple of hours), dont wash it in the sun, keep the car WET until your done (dont wet it once and wash the whole car and then rinse later, that can lead to water spots from them drying on the paint), a blower works great, but if you dont have one, try to dry it as quickly as possible, then go over it with some spray wax or "quick detailer".

here is the result-

i took this about 2 hours after a wash and spray waxing. not to shabby for stock, never buffed/polished/treated paint i'd say.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:59 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

Did you clay bar and THEN wax, or wax then clay bar?
clay bar then wax
Old 01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

i use a water blade,then 2 different microfiber towels.i do most the drying in my garage, once im all done i use honda motorcycle polish to give it that shine.i know what you are saying about water spots, and what i have found is that in the areas that the water spots pop up i use one of the microfiber towels that is damp and go back over just that area,spots just wipe away lie magic.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I don't even think about not washing in anything but the shade.

If you have a spider web effect than you're going to need to polish it. I'd recommend picking up a DA/G100/PC as well as some other "high end" detailing supplies if you want to get it looking good. $300 and you'll have a decent set-up, I can promise you that it'll be the best investment you've ever made for your cars.

Check out www.autodetailingsolutions.com for supplies and if you want any more advice, feel free to PM me.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

^^^thanks buddy

Also i wouldn't call them as much as water spots as i would streaks more than water spots.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!